Official Tony Gwynn Classic Game 3 - UCI - 5 PM

Can't wait to watch these guys play. Heck of a start to the year!

thanks...hope you're right...something doesn't seem right to me...not sure what it is...:dunno:

PS. man, wouldn't that be nice to see some 95...under control...that is...for strikes...:shades:...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Indeed Roller. Bet we will. Right now I'm just going to enjoy what a fun weekend this was. Better than any variety show. You made the right call. You're a VFL.... but you're not going to get any tonight. 😂

Reactions: 2 people
My thing this year is that I would take a couple of losses to see what some of these young guys can do. We're already ahead on the pitching front compared to last year I suppose and out of necessity at the plate, so that's good. The guys that have gotten chances have looked good so far, hell Stallings saved the day.

Stallings looks like a rock star.

Reactions: 1 person
A couple of observations:
Not sure why Kyle Serrano didn't pitch. Hope all is ok. He was supposed to per coach Serrano. As I saw in the fall practices, Garrett Stallings is our best pitcher. Zach Lingenfelter has some work to do based on the fall performance and what I have seen so far this yr. Conner Darling looks better than what he showed in the fall. I absolutely love this group and think they will be a huge surprise in the SEC this year. On to Omaha!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
My thing this year is that I would take a couple of losses to see what some of these young guys can do. We're already ahead on the pitching front compared to last year I suppose and out of necessity at the plate, so that's good. The guys that have gotten chances have looked good so far, hell Stallings saved the day.

Stallings has looked great. Very impressed with the Freshmen so far.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure why Kyle Serrano didn't pitch. Hope all is ok. He was supposed to per coach Serrano. As I saw in the fall practices, Garrett Stallings is our best pitcher. Zach Lingenfelter has some work to do based on the fall performance and what I have seen so far this yr. Conner Darling looks better than what he showed in the fall. I absolutely love this group and think they will be a huge surprise in the SEC this year. On to Omaha!!!

I was impressed by Darling this weekend.

FWIW, San Diego and UT both went 3-0 in the tournament, but San Diego won on run differential. Their catcher was also named MVP of the tourney.

Stallings was a well controlled player this weekend. Like what he did for team.

VN Store

Back