Official TN v next team up pre-game

The bad thing for fans with a big Tuesday night win... it's FOUR days until the next one. Hope that the extra day works out well for the team.

Don't get too excited just yet but if they beat K State Saturday,Tennessee has a shot at the big dance. Due to strength of schedule and no bad RPI losses,if they get to 18 wins they will be a bubble team. 19 wins and they will dance in my opinion. This includes the SEC tourney games. If you look at past history the committee gives a coach like Barnes the edge when it comes to bubble teams.

Kansas State is a very well coached and balanced team. 4 guys that score in double figures and they can dominate in the post or hoist the 3s.
it would take another effort like their last to pull this one off.
I'm expecting an egg, but who knows.

ESPN2 game starting at 2 following a game that starts at noon. So... the game will start on ESPN News or somewhere else that my DVR won't go to to record. Thanks idiots. How about scheduling games 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 hours apart?

Reactions: 1 person
i wonder what the record of teams is, the game after Kentucky. It doesn't seem like it is very good.

Since the K-State in game post isn't up yet... here's the link to the utsports.com game notes:

HOOPS CENTRAL: Vols vs. Kansas State - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

THE SERIES

Overall: UT leads, 1-0
In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0
In Manhattan: No meetings
Neutral Sites: No meetings
Current Streak: Tennessee has won one
Last Meeting: UT won, 65-64, in Knoxville, 12/6/14
Rick Barnes vs. Kansas State: 12-11
Rick Barnes vs. Bruce Weber: Weber leads, 4-3

Saw Grant Williams and some other basketvols on the strip last night at about 12:30. Hope it doesn't matter today

Next up:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Auburn (14-7 3-5)
Tuesday 1/31/2017
9:00EST
SECNW

Auburn stats
12-9 4-4 (10 regular season games left)

• @ Auburn (Tues 1/31) SECNW 9pm
    @ Miss State (Sat 2/4) SECNW 3:30pm
    Mississippi (Wed 2/8) SECNW 6:30pm
    Georgia (Sat 2/11) ESPNU 4pm
    @ Kentucky (Tues 2/14) ESPN 7pm
    Missouri (Sat 2/18) SECNW 1pm
    Vanderbilt (Wed (2/22) SECNW 6:30pm
    @ USCe (Sat 2/25) SECNW 1pm
    @ LSU (Wed 3/1) SECNW 7pm
    Alabama (Sat 3/4) SECNW 1pm
    SECT (Wed 3/8-Sun 3/12) SECNW/ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Auburn's 4 leading scorer's are all in their first year. 3 are freshmen, not sure if Wiley is as well. Those four are the only players averaging double digits.

I'm burning up for the Vols to beat Auburn handily. Hope Pearl's coat comes off early and the face stays red.

If everything continues to go good, any chance the Georgia game gets bumped to a cable channel?

Damn. I think ours is like 70 something. It's a local company.
My wife has to have all the premium channels and I get all the sport channels. Supposed to be about 150, but then they add about 75 for equipment and other hidden charges.
Racket.

Next up:
@Mississippi State (13-8 4-5)
Saturday 2/4/2017
3:30EST
SECNW

Mississippi State stats
13-9 5-4 (9 regular season games left)

• @ Miss State (Sat 2/4) SECNW 3:30pm
    Mississippi (Wed 2/8) SECNW 6:30pm