Official Tennessee @ Ole Miss Game 3

In my work brackets I went total homer. I had the men winning it all and the Lady's making it to the finals. I don't think I am going to win either bracket.

Reactions: 1 person
Bottom of the 8th

E5 (man on 1st, stole 2B, man on 2nd)
HR (2 RBI)
4-3
4-3
BB (man on 1st)
1B (out due to interference)

Due up in the Top of the 9th

Leftridge
Ammons
Charleston

Tennessee 0
Ole Miss 5

In my work brackets I went total homer. I had the men winning it all and the Lady's making it to the finals. I don't think I am going to win either bracket.

well, on that note...my men's went in garbage and right now it looks like the women's is headed that way soon

Top of the 9th

K
1B (man on 1st)
1B (man on 1st and 2nd)
3-1 (man on 2nd and 3rd)
K

Final Score

Tennessee 0
Ole Miss 5

Reactions: 2 people
won one on the #8 team...better than being swept...gentlemen...it could be another long season...Bama next weekend...maybe we can take a game or two from them...have a good day, stay safe, and hug somebody...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

OT’s two cents after 1 SEC weekend, pitching is good enough not to get swept however our inconsistency in hitting will prevent us from taking a lot of 2-1 series. 15-15 in SEC play isn’t likely, the question is how many 2-1 series can we take vs going 1-2.....

OT’s two cents after 1 SEC weekend, pitching is good enough not to get swept however our inconsistency in hitting will prevent us from taking a lot of 2-1 series. 15-15 in SEC play isn’t likely, the question is how many 2-1 series can we take vs going 1-2.....

I do my best to stay positive, so I will take the fifth on this one.

I would need to pull the stats, but my guess is that we have close to 40 strikeouts this series.

32 K's on the weekend. Ole Miss had some quality arms for sure however 32 K's is a bit excessive......some guys may need to start bunting just to get the ball in play.

OT, picking against the Vols is not fun for me...but, it is what it is now...hopefully we'll get better sooner than later...I believe Coach V will do his best, for sure, but it may take a few years...it will be very hard recruiting against the rest of the SEC...anyway...

GO BIG ORANGE!

32 K's on the weekend. Ole Miss had some quality arms for sure however 32 K's is a bit excessive......some guys may need to start bunting just to get the ball in play.

I almost suggested trying the small ball approach again, but it made me sick to my stomach to think about it.

I know we have a freshman starter “with great potential”, I see it too, but it is time to give someone else a shot. The book is out that he cannot hit a curve and he is killing us with his strike outs and sub .200 average. Also, every team knows our two senior starters can’t hit CBs.

On top of that the catcher is killing the pitching staff with his play behind the plate. I know he has a decent arm and has thrown several out this year, but he consistently drops strikes, doesn’t know how to frame pitches, jumps around when pitches are right across the plate, has passed balls routinely etc. Anyone who has caught OR pitched knows what I am talking about with him. I bet Arencibia and the pitching coach sees it. Let him DH and try another catcher.

Rant over...for today. Don’t worry, I have more.

VN Store

Back