*Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread*

Agree to a point. Also disagree to a point.

I agree that there are well run organizations and poorly run ones, and those results tend to speak for themselves, but I think it's more fluid than that. The Patriots had never won a super bowl prior to 2001. They have reeled off 5 since. The 49ers were a very mediocre franchise prior to the 80's, as were the Steelers prior to the 70's. They have since become two of the most iconic organizations in the NFL, if not pro sports.

Then there are organizations like the Buccaneers, Saints, and Seahawks, who 20 years ago most people thought would never win anything, all of whom have bucked that trend. There are your elite, middling, and poor franchises, but I truly don't believe that spectrum is as wide as you might believe. As a middling, or even a poor franchise could strike gold with a coach/QB at any given time when you think about it.

Agreed. Someone on here was talking about how the Pats are just winners and the Falcons are just losers, or something, but everyone is a loser until they're not. These things can change quickly

Agreed. Someone on here was talking about how the Pats are just winners and the Falcons are just losers, or something, but everyone is a loser until they're not. These things can change quickly

Very true, and not all of the good franchises remain good. How long has it been since the Redskins or Dolphins have been relevant? And to a lesser extent, you could say the same about the 49ers, who have largely been garbage the last 15 years outside of a couple of Harbaugh seasons.

I actually think the NFL does a pretty good job in regards to parity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
So I feel okay right not. Not normal, but okay. I'm not sulking as much as I thought I would be today. Those late game collapses to Florida and Oklahoma sadly conditioned me to handle an epic collapse like this.

Well that was one helluva game. We just got back from Houston and thats by far the most fun I've ever had at an NFl game. Amazing how well the Atlanta and Patriot fans mixed together and Falcon fans were gracious after the game... for the most part. Aside from the game the booing of Goodell was Homerc! We could have gone on all night but the Little Emperor didnt stick around for much more abuse. Houston turned out to be the perfect venue for the game, I wasn't convinced of that prior.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back