Official South Carolina at Tennessee Game 2 Thread - 1 PM

condredge-holloway-test-car-214x300.gif

The decision to accept a scholarship to Tennessee and turn down Montreal’s offer of a pro baseball future was not an easy one. However, as Holloway says, “the choice was between baseball and education, not football.”

On the roster as a freshman in the spring of 1972, Holloway split time between spring football and baseball. By the time he was a senior in 1975, Condredge garnered All-SEC and All-America honors as a shortstop.

Holloway finished his baseball career with a .353 batting average and still holds the school record with a 27-game hitting streak. In tribute of his accomplishments, he was recently named to Tennessee’s All-Century Baseball Team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
condredge-holloway-test-car-214x300.gif

The decision to accept a scholarship to Tennessee and turn down Montreal’s offer of a pro baseball future was not an easy one. However, as Holloway says, “the choice was between baseball and education, not football.”

On the roster as a freshman in the spring of 1972, Holloway split time between spring football and baseball. By the time he was a senior in 1975, Condredge garnered All-SEC and All-America honors as a shortstop.

Holloway finished his baseball career with a .353 batting average and still holds the school record with a 27-game hitting streak. In tribute of his accomplishments, he was recently named to Tennessee’s All-Century Baseball Team.

Yeah...when I was a kid, at half time of the football game we' d all hit the yard and argue about who gets to be Holloway in our 15 minute football game. So glad he's still involved.

Reactions: 2 people
is Plunkett hurt? I know his average is low but he takes some hard swings and hits the ball hard..........

is Plunkett hurt? I know his average is low but he takes some hard swings and hits the ball hard..........

Not that I know of. He was given chances to excel earlier in the season but really didn't shine...so...then Lance...then Hall...then just about anyone else. He has pinched a few times since.

GBO!

VN Store

Back