Official Politics Forum Off Topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a kid and instantly became a scotch drinker. Now I fashion myself as something of a scotch-only drinker.

Any recommendations from you fine and obviously discerning folks?

Currently downing a 12-year old Chivas, a 12-year Dewars and have a Glenlivet on stand-by.

Try Tullamore dew. Its from that other island.

I'm wanting a good daily drinker that has a good mix of taste without being a bank-breaker. Hard to justify a $80 bottle that I down in a matter of about 2 weeks. Well, 1 week when the kid is teething.

So you quote me in the OP but leave out my barb at LG? That's just wrong.

Oh, and I think the best one for the price is perhaps Cutty Sark. Unbelievably cheap but doesn't taste like it is a fuel system cleaner.

I just cut my grass and pulled weeds. Waiting for 4 cubic yards of mulch to be delivered. I am going to toss in some chlorine in my pool and repair a gate on my fence.

Want to come over to my house next? My place could use the same routine.

I had a kid and instantly became a scotch drinker. Now I fashion myself as something of a scotch-only drinker.

Currently downing a 12-year old Chivas, a 12-year Dewars and have a Glenlivet on stand-by.

If you like peat my favorite Islay scotch is Ardbeg Uigeadail. For highland scotch I like several from Glenmorangie, which is pretty good value for single malt. The Nectar D'Or, Lasanta and Quinta Ruban are all excellent, imo. Oban is a nicely balanced scotch - more subtle peat.

Reactions: 1 person
If you like peat my favorite Islay scotch is Ardbeg Uigeadail. For highland scotch I like several from Glenmorangie, which is pretty good value for single malt. The Nectar D'Or, Lasanta and Quinta Ruban are all excellent, imo. Oban is a nicely balanced scotch - more subtle peat.

Oh lawd, that ISIS virus infected his computer and GCB is speaking gibberish!

Reactions: 2 people

Is the 10-year Glenmorangie good in your mind?

Is the 10-year Glenmorangie good in your mind?

I think so. I have a bottle in my cabinet now; it's a solid every day scotch.

I saw Golf is a fan of Glenmorangie as well so he may have some thoughts on the original.

Saw an NPR post today about the best ever commencement speeches (tis the season). Reminded me of my personal favorite, DFW's Kenyon College 2005 speech. I had to pull it up and give it a listen. So great.

I've always liked Glenmorangie. I have a bottle of the 18 year old stuff.

I'm wanting a good daily drinker that has a good mix of taste without being a bank-breaker. Hard to justify a $80 bottle that I down in a matter of about 2 weeks. Well, 1 week when the kid is teething.

For the price, Speyburn 10 is very good

I think so. I have a bottle in my cabinet now; it's a solid every day scotch.

I saw Golf is a fan of Glenmorangie as well so he may have some thoughts on the original.

I agree. The Original is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back