*****OFFICIAL Orange and White Game thread 2 p.m. SEC Network

Short synopsis...JG looks more comfortable. I still don’t like the fact he stares down his target. Quarte Sapp lookin good. Most impessive player for me was Jeremiah Howard, he’s going to be good.

He does. I would have liked to see him scan the field more. He is predictable. When he scampers, he is nowhere as fast as some says he is. Our linebackers are even running him down. But I think he did in fact put an end to all of the McBride vs JG talk. Clearly JG has separated himself. As far as Chryst goes, I’m clueless. Did he even play?

He does. I would have liked to see him scan the field more. He is predictable. When he scampers, he is nowhere as fast as some says he is. Our linebackers are even running him down. But I think he did in fact put an end to all of the McBride vs JG talk. Clearly JG has separated himself. As far as Chryst goes, I’m clueless. Did he even play?

Doesn’t get here til summer i don’t believe

The defensive line and line backers looked soft and were beaten by an offensive line that was patched together. This will never fly in this conference. I thought our pass rush looked good at times but then it should have aginst this line.

We have some better talent coming at LB and we will need it.

Corners were improved but still need to get better. Tacking was not great, looks like we need more strength and determination.

The offense looked good considering the limited number of practices in a new system. They should never have been able to beat the D, so I am worried about our D.

I was impressed by the progress the oline has made. The oline was not great but if we get some bodies back they could be good enough to get us to a bowl game, assuming they continue to improve.

JG is significantly better than McBride. I would like to have seen McBride play some with the first team. The coaches have obviously decided JG is far ahead of McBride. I think JG has a much better arm and command of the O. The battle is between Cryst and JG.

Our receivers that didn’t mature last year are getting there. There were some impressive plays.

I think our RBs will look better as the line improves and as they get more reps in this system. I think we will be ok here. We have some talented players and more are coming.

The good news is we have some coaches and some development is occurring. I think we will look a lot better come fall. With some S&C perhaps we can get to a bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
No, it’s Neyland, pronounced KNEE-lund

This is verifiable. Somewhere there’s a video interview with the Generals wife where she is asked about how to pronounce the name because there were even two competing pronunciations during his time at coach. She says “Knee” and points to her knee.

Not your best moment as a Tennessee fan

Yeah, well, I learned how to pronounce Neyland from my dad who listened to the radio broadcasts when the Old General was our coach at the time.

Then I lived in Knoxville for many years and heard it pronounced correctly every single day. It was never "kneelin" Drive.

But let a few yankees move in here like Kesling, and let ESPN get a hold of it, and they f'n try to impose their ignorance on everybody else.

Now ... you kids stay off my lawn. :hi:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back