Official Orange and White Game Thread -1:00 PM, SEC+

During the game against Iowa last year, I remember feeling like the time it took for the ball to get to the receivers’ hands seemed to take a minute. I just had that feeling once again watching this game. It finally dawned on me, I had grown accustomed to the speed at which Bazzoka Joe threw the football.
OMG. Especially on those sit routes to the sidelines...seems like they tale forever and could get picked. Lol. Joe has a helluva hose

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think our WRs are going to be good enough to make a lot of defensive backfields look bad. We have a lot of talent out there and the QBs to get them the ball.
I liked that they ran solid routes and looked to get more separation then last years corp....

That’s a cop out answer. Name a few things we’ve really learned in spring games. I’ve been a Vol fan for over 60 years and have never learned anything of value from the spring game. Some have been more entertaining than others but nothing has come out of a game that was really news.
Player progression or regression, how a new player is learning the playbook. Coaches learn things about their players at practices all the time. You might have watched for 60 years but I have played and coached for over 20. The ones that are really watching can learn something, even from a glorified practice. My goodness you never know what's going to make the people on this board want to argue.

Reactions: Sarms58
It's a conspiracy I tells ya.
Maybe these two guys were responsible.
robs-car-movie-review-used-cars-1980-2018-05-15_12-46-18_926029-960x542.png

They have a history of breaking into football game broadcasts and replacing the game with this.

used-cars-1980-movie-still-3.jpg

If you don't get the reference, watch the movie Used Cars.

Reactions: jhcrane14 and sami
Spring games are fun and all but I have never really paid attention to them. Seems like all they do is allow the media to write articles with hot takes about how the 4th string WR didn’t look good/is going to be a star. Still a lotta fun seeing the guys out there and I’m sure the freshman really enjoy it. Can’t ever trust the results though. I remember JG always seeming to look good in these games lol

After an incredibly long day fighting tractor and auger to.build fence at what will be our new house, finally got to watch the game and read through the comments here on VN.

Here's my take...Nico was spot on going 6 for 6. He showed great accuracy and seemed to be well in tune with his targets. Behind Nico, Merklinger's gonna.be special - hope we can.keep him from wandering elsewhere in a year or two. But, player of the game to me was Brazell. That guy has speed!!!! Doesn't need to juke a.defender when he can just out run them.

That brings me to the not so great things...first is DBs and Safeties, we still need help here unless our WRs are really THAT good. Other thing is the offsides penalties. I think I counted 5 or 6 easy...that has to get fixed as we've all seen they are drive killers in this offense.

That's it...on to catch a couple BaseVol games and wait for August.

Great to see Moore and Merk looking like they knew what they were doing. No deer in headlights looks . Just go. Good sign for sure. Also Sneed has some dog in him ! Awesome.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I miss the old days of the Orange and white game. I get it. They don't want to get anyone hurt. But Yesterday was pretty boring and I watched about 10 minutes and turned it off. It's been that way for awhile. Not sure why anyone would drive any distance to attend unless they were going to the Baseball game too. There's a 10 minute video on YT that condensed the game down.

Yes, I'm old. It's not the 1990s anymore and get off my lawn.

VN Store

Back