Official Nashville Predators Thread

Hendricks for Dubnyk. Got rid of that awful contract & got a decent goalie in return.

Edmonton also keeps half the salary. Good move from Poile.

now my little son is mad at the Preds. He went the other night and they lost 4-0. Titans have stunk. Vols have stunk. All since he started watching sports @ 4. He's bound to start wondering why the heck his dad is a fan of these teams. Kid likes FSU, the Blackhawks, and the Seahawks. How can I argue with him.

Always liked Devan, let's see who he is with a team that plays some kind of defense. Seems like Nashville got a win in this trade.

It's about damn time. Dubnyk isn't the 2nd coming of the man we're missing but we have a much better chance than with Carter Hutton. I give maz a pass because he should never have been up here in this role to begin with.

All world goalie goes down in October, and on January 16th we finally address the problem.

Now to allow a more skilled forward to get some ice time. Yes, that one.

It's about damn time. Dubnyk isn't the 2nd coming of the man we're missing but we have a much better chance than with Carter Hutton. I give maz a pass because he should never have been up here in this role to begin with.

All world goalie goes down in October, and on January 16th we finally address the problem.

Now to allow a more skilled forward to get some ice time. Yes, that one.
I'm surprised it took the imbiciles that run the Oilers so long to make a true bonehead move, worked out well for you guys.

Daryl Katz needs to quit hiring his childhood heroes in the front office nd bring in guys with a little bit of personnel management savvy.

Save was ridiculous. Can't believe they actually won a shootout. And 2 of the 3 goals in the SO were from defensemen. Lulz.

And even though he's had a rough go of it, he's still #3 on the Top 50 prospects list

3. Filip Forsberg, RW, Nashville Predators
DOB: 8/13/94 | Age: 19
2013-14 stats (Nashville, NHL): 12 GP, 1 G, 4 A, 5 P
Preseason ranking: 13

Forsberg is a player who projects as a top-tier power forward, though he hasn't displayed that during his stints at the NHL level yet. He's a very skilled player who makes plays with his hands and body, and he has the work ethic to match his offensive talents. Forsberg isn't a blazer, and can try to do too much at times, but he has the ability to dominate a game as well. In eight AHL contests this season, he has eight points.

I would have rather had Scrivens(who the Oilers got for a 3rd rounder)

Dubnyk isn't terrible. Just last year he had a 2.57 GAA & a .921 save percentage.

Edmontons defense is absolutely atrocious & maybe him playing behind a better defense & working with a goalie coach as good as Mitch Korn will get him back into form.

Plus you unloaded an easily and more cost effectively replaced player in Hendricks, who had a dumb contract.

So you get Dubnyk to finish the year, and free a small amount of space going forward.

If the Preds have any chance of a run this season it has to start with the next 5 games. Even though it's on the road, it's all teams right around us in the standings and one of the wild cards. Pretty much the easiest stretch we have. Likewise, the Wild have a really tough California trip in that span. Find a way to snag around 8 of 10 points and hope the Wild have a tough time and that would be just enough to get my hopes up.

Hopefully buying low pays off. Klein was steady and had a good contract, MDZ hasn't been good this year but has big potential and will be a RFA. Could end up being good for both sides.

VN Store

Back