Official make fun of USU thread.

WOW their football stadium has a capacity of 25,513! If they keep expanding they may exceed TBA for basketball!!! Not far from the truth!

Several Vols are here posting that UT will steamroll Utah State.

Recent history (for both teams) suggests that is not too likely.

I've never said anything like Utah State has a better program or even that we will win the game. I believe it will be a good hard fought game.

My only point, really, has been to counter some of the rabid Vols that are arguing that the game will be a beatdown.

I just don't see our recent history (or yours) pointing toward that.

Your 5 victories last year include perennial SEC cellar dweller UK, plus three teams that are essentially FCS. WKU was in year 5 of their move to FBS. USA was in year 1. The "Austin Powers Governors" are FCS... barely.

I don't think you count well. There were 5 wins. The one you failed to list was a top-5 team in the nation.

Our losses were to the likes of Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, Mizzu, etc... Pardon us for not quaking over Utah St, and your wins over Air Force, Wyoming and Weber St. (Edit) These losses were in the first year of the new staff/schemes, and many of the losses were after we were down to 4th string QB. Hard fought or not, trust me... Few here are quaking over Utah St.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't think you count well. There were 5 wins. The one you failed to list was a top-5 team in the nation.

Our losses were to the likes of Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, Mizzu, etc... Pardon us for not quaking over Utah St, and your wins over Air Force, Wyoming and Weber St. (Edit) These losses were in the first year of the new staff/schemes, and many of the losses were after we were down to 4th string QB. Hard fought or not, trust me... Few here are quaking over Utah St.

And I don't think you comprehend what you read well.

I didn't say I was listing all of the wins. AND you lost to some GREAT teams. I get that. I didn't list them all either or talk about how some of the games were pretty close even though the score looked kind of lopsided...

I talked about UK, who is perennially the bottom of the SEC. Still maybe a decent team, but certainly usually at the bottom of the SEC.

Then I listed the 3 programs that are essentially FCS level.

My point was that even though you did have 5 wins and were just one win short of being bowl eligible, they were mostly not great wins.

To get your 5 wins, you did play the brutal SEC schedule and you also basically had 3 FCS schools on the schedule plus UK.

I know you beat USC. I think most of your fans know too.

I'm sure you are not nervous about Utah State. Really, why would you be? You already beat South Alabama by a TD.

My expectation after the game is 2 things.

1. Your fans will see a very hard fought battle by a tough football team.
2. You will find yourself kind of liking and respecting our team.

Go Ags! Go Vols!

Last edited:
These games against the Sisters of the Poor always bring some good banter from the plucky upstarts. It's adorable.

Reactions: 1 person
WOW their football stadium has a capacity of 25,513! If they keep expanding they may exceed TBA for basketball!!! Not far from the truth!

USU hasn't had any top shelf players since Merlin and Phil Olsen in the 1960s.

Idk about you guys, but this USU game worries the hell out of me...

Where am I supposed to park with all the construction going on on campus!?

I just want TN to get the W and move on to the next. Utah State is a decent mid-major, I could see them giving TN some trouble for the first half or so... But I don't think TN loses this game on opening day.

Hmm. Keeton is injured and not participating in spring practice. Their startin qb missing spring practice surely will hurt.

Vandy is pretty relevant on this board. They take up a lot of bandwidth on here for a team that doesn't matter.

I've never understood people's problem with this, though. They are the closest thing to a rival we have in the state, they run their mouth worse than any other team, and they claim they own our territory (the state of Tennessee) now.

Such actions merit discussion. Even if it's just discussion regarding how irrelevant they are.

I've never understood people's problem with this, though. They are the closest thing to a rival we have in the state, they run their mouth worse than any other team, and they claim they own our territory (the state of Tennessee) now.

Such actions merit discussion. Even if it's just discussion regarding how irrelevant they are.

Totally disagree. They suck

Reactions: 2 people

Completely correct. They are one of our oldest rivals and they have restored some merit to a win over them. Aside from that they are elitist, egotistical jerkoffs who don't know how to win. Crushing them this year is going to be good.

Hmm. Keeton is injured and not participating in spring practice. Their startin qb missing spring practice surely will hurt.

It's definitely not ideal, but he did start at Auburn as a true freshman without spring practice and did pretty damn good.
Chuckie knows the offense completely and he has thrown to all of the starting WRs before. He will have the summer and all of fall camp to get his timing back.

Vandy is pretty relevant on this board. They take up a lot of bandwidth on here for a team that doesn't matter.

If you want to talk about other teams being discussed a good bit on a fan site, here's essentially the "Around the NCAA" of Vandymania.

Check out the first NINE threads.....

http://mbd.*************.aspx?s=189

Edit: apparently you can't post a link to their site. Just go to Vandymania, click forums, and "opponent discussion"

We make up the first 9 threads on the page.

Last edited:

Therein lies the issue I have with your reasoning. If you're constantly discussing "irrelevant" people/things/schools they become relevant.

I'm pretty sure if you go back to when this board started Vandy was hardly ever discussed. Now that they've won a few against UT, Vandy is a mainstay on here....but keep telling yourselves they're irrelevant.

VN Store

Back