Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
=ericberry4heisman;14301733]I just want to say this: I started out thinking there was zero chance of us landing Jon Gruden. I heard something good, which I posted the other night, then heard it again from someone else the next night. My hope rose to maybe like 5%.

That being said, I wanted to believe more, which is why I've been in this thread non stop. So I sought out DTO last night.

After speaking with DTO.. I'm at least 50-50 that this gets done, maybe more. I believe the info is accurate and if the info is accurate AND doesn't change, look out. My biggest worry is something changing at the last moment or something.

It's been said many times by Boro, let's just sit back and see what happens. No one is in the thread saying 100% that Grudens going to be the coach. But there is a chance he will be, so let's enjoy the ride.

When this thread started again I said No Way would I get sucked in but I'm all in now! I believe we are going to make him say no and as a fan that's all I can ask for..
Appreciate all info, this place is at least fun and pleasurable to read. The RF was so miserable I actually went 2 weeks without visiting. So until we hear otherwise, I'll be right here!! GBO[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much how I feel. I'm very hopeful, but mostly, just having fun thinking about "What if?"

Last time was fun, then it sucked for a few days and I got over it and got behind Butch until the Florida game this year. I'll do the same if we don't hire Gruden and hire someone else this time.

(Not sure why quote didn't work correctly)

Reactions: 3 people
I'm going to Google their head coach and start candidate thread on him. The mediocrity loving horde outside of the Gruden thread will absolutely love him.

Epic. Great idea. You have my wholehearted endorsement.

Use Maryville Colleges coach. It'll give an East Tennessee connection.

I have one request for the Grude and that is can we replace Bob Kessling with Verne Lundquist?

:blink:

I can confirm house hunting is a go. Rudder Ln was the scene. I got this info 3rd hand from a confident source who goes by CTV in the underground world of coaching searches. If he says it, you can take it to the bank. Just wait till next week though so the check don't bounce.

Access Denied

I would say this if fit for Coach Gruden!

Last edited:
Is Gruden really the coach everyone thinks he is? Don't get me wrong the man knows football and is from the Holmgren tree of coaching which produced a lot of good coaches. However the super bowl team in Tampa was stacked pretty good when he arrived there. They didn't have a great QB but that defense was amazing. One could say he came in and won with Dungy's players, which is still impressive to win a super bowl but it's not like he had to build the team.

I never start threads, I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this. And I'm not trying to hate on Gruden, I think he is a good coach, I just don't know if he is as good as people make him out to be. Also I do not think we have a shot at getting him to Knoxville other than when he comes to visit his kid.

I would think he'd do great things at UT. He's not coming though in my opinion.

I have to say though, it's really hard using all three of these computers at once and posting seconds apart from my Boro account and then moving computers and posting under EB4H. I'll get back to the DTO computer soon.

Reactions: 5 people
He's not coming to UT, but you do realize that the team Tampa Bay beat for the Super Bowl title was built by Gruden, don't you...of course you do.

Reactions: 1 person
Is Gruden really the coach everyone thinks he is? Don't get me wrong the man knows football and is from the Holmgren tree of coaching which produced a lot of good coaches. However the super bowl team in Tampa was stacked pretty good when he arrived there. They didn't have a great QB but that defense was amazing. One could say he came in and won with Dungy's players, which is still impressive to win a super bowl but it's not like he had to build the team.

I never start threads, I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this. And I'm not trying to hate on Gruden, I think he is a good coach, I just don't know if he is as good as people make him out to be. Also I do not think we have a shot at getting him to Knoxville other than when he comes to visit his kid.

Sorry I didn't even see the Jon Gruden thread, If you want to merge it go ahead. Guess I probably should of looked around before starting it. Another reason I don't start threads.

Superbowl wins don't grow on trees. Carrying a decent 9-7 team to a superbowl is no small task...Just ask Norv Turner.

Reactions: 2 people
He was responsible for building the Raiders up though prior to arriving in Tampa. That was the squad that got screwed in the tuck rule game and could have played for a Super Bowl that year. The Raiders were nothing to scoff at.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back