Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the AD knows what they are doing. There are rumors starting about kelly to UCLA ( who was my first choice).
I hope they don’t stall this and we lose both kelly and the Gruden pipedream.
After that the real choices get slim quickly

I don’t wanna ruin the fun of the thread, but I’d be more shocked if we don’t hire an “up and comer”, than if Gruden actually was hired.

UT admin will drag their feet and end up getting another mid-level coach for cheap

They don't give a **** about football or the fans

Reactions: 4 people
Can't sell me on Brohm, or anyone else of that caliber.
If UT ain't gonna be invested in a winning program, then I can't justify being invested in UT.
Yeah, I'll watch, but I ain't getting invested (time, what money I can, emotionally, mentally, yada yada).
Just can't do it any more ... getting too old I guess.

Reactions: 3 people
Come on, folks. Y'all aren't sounding like the perpetually optimistic Grudenites I've come to love. Get it together. This kid may or may not have true inside info. He may have had info to a point. My guess is that once things get serious there is no additional talk. He might just be trying to sure up his following, but without anything new he had to say something.

Don't let him troll you.

Reactions: 4 people
It's starting to look that way

UT admin rely on the UT fans that show up no matter how bad we play.

Especially now since they still get a share of the TV contract money.

Field a team and if they win, its a bonus. Thats how they look at it. Money flows into the AD regardless if we win or lose.

Reactions: 3 people
I don’t wanna ruin the fun of the thread, but I’d be more shocked if we don’t hire an “up and comer”, than if Gruden actually was hired.

It’s a big gamble with the fan support ( and all the money for the university that comes with it) is starting to get pissed off, and are going to start loosing the will to fight after this decade of insignificance and depression.

Reactions: 2 people
Come on, folks. Y'all aren't sounding like the perpetually optimistic Grudenites I've come to love. Get it together. This kid may or may not have true inside info. He may have had info to a point. My guess is that once things get serious there is no additional talk. He might just be trying to sure up his following, but without anything new he had to say something.

Don't let him troll you.

It is interesting that he has done a 180-degree flip-flop in 24 hours.

Yesterday, it was meetings and offers.

Today, it is Brohm.

What gives?

Don't let him troll you.

I like your attitude but depression is setting in, for me, anyway. CBJ still on campus and UT is still spitting in my face

Can't sell me on Brohm, or anyone else of that caliber.
If UT ain't gonna be invested in a winning program, then I can't justify being invested in UT.
Yeah, I'll watch, but I ain't getting invested (time, what money I can, emotionally, mentally, yada yada).
Just can't do it any more ... getting too old I guess.

I agree. If they are not willing to invest in the future they can’t expect the rest of us to do so

It is interesting that he has done a 180-degree flip-flop in 24 hours.

Yesterday, it was meetings and offers.

Today, it is Brohm.

What gives?

I messaged him about the Brohm tweet...no response yet

Apathy is the enemy of hope, faith, effort, and success.
It appears to me that, slowly but surely, this fanbase is becoming more and more apathetic.

Reactions: 1 person
The UT AD or Admin. won't know how we feel unless we let them know. If enough letters comes in, they might read a few. It's a catch 22 with the letters. If we wait till Butch is fired it may be too late. If we start now, there is no vacancy at head coach. This would have to be a lot of fans to make a difference.

The administration will say they passed on Kelly due the previous NCAA stuff but I recently heard a rumor it's due to another reason and because of that reason they are worried he wouldn't fit the culture here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back