Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to apologize for the aggressive tone I had earlier... I was just sick of the mindless negagruding! Glad to see some rationalized talk going on here now.

Don't apologize. CCS crowd was out of line. Crossing fingers for Gruden hire from Salt Lake City. VFL

Gruden humpers need to lay off the crack majorly. He isn't coming.

I'm sorry Mr Hart for guessing wrong...
could you enlighten all of us here on Volnation
who our next coach will be?

cause it sure as chit isn't Gundy,Strong,or any of the others we've heard the last 5 days...

hmmm, this is some top secret code:eek:lol:

Is he gone? Here's the thing about y4b...he's been really edgy after the whole gruden meltdown, and it is hilariously easy to send him into crazy mode. he never seems to remember me. But if anything he says ends up being true I guess I'll owe him an apology

Reactions: 1 person
Believe it or not...this makes some sense to me. Not saying so bc im speculating. Because the little bit of info I got this weekend when I asked what happened, the answer was basically paraphrased, "That's the thing. Nothing happened. That Hart is one tough cookie." I've thought about that long and hard. Didn't understand it. There was a little more and I suspected it meant that he wouldn't budge, meaning in some way Hart got in the way. But...

Could it be? Just covering the bases. Maybe he put Gruden to the test? Hmmm

And that means... in the end, if Gruden does sign, Hart is the hero. I hate to say it, but all of these little hints dropped by the OG's for weeks seem to be playing out. In my rational mind, Hart saving the day at this point really seems far fetched, but the narrative sure does have legs.

Reactions: 1 person
Or maybe we all need to look forward to reading some soon to be classics.

For example:

"Tarzan" A tale of Jane, Bananas, Red Wolves and Midas

~by Venus Spider

So if Gundy and Strong turn us down tomorrow, how in the heck do we delay until MNF is over? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

You don't.

Is it possible that the thing everybody was waiting on was for Fulmer to have his night before one of the biggest splash hires in the history of college football? But, that doesn't explain why went got so far down the line with Strong and/or Gundy.

I've stated this a couple of times. To restore us back to where we need to be , we need everyone looking at TN without any other distractions. And then all of the recruiting gruden has been doing on MNF will become obvious. And volnation will rejoice. We've been chuckied. The only reason the coach interviews started was because the details leaked and was going to steal some sparkle from THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Last edited:
Or maybe we all need to look forward to reading some soon to be classics.

For example:

"Tarzan" A tale of Jane, Bananas, Red Wolves and Midas

~by Venus Spider

you forgot barney, larry, moe, and curly man can't forget those idiots.

One of my regulars comes into the bar last night with a guy I've never met before. They are both UT fans and we start the usual "who's gonna be the new coach?" conversation. We talked about Strong and Gundy for a little while and right before they leave the guy who I just met says that he is privy to some Gruden info. He proceeds to tell me that UT has a big booster who used to be in the railroad business (Norfolk Southern I think he said), but now the guy owns his own alarm company or security company (anybody have any idea who that would be?). Anyway, the guy tells me that he was in the room when his boss, who is friends with the unknown booster, is on a speaker phone call with said booster. This was Friday or Saturday, after the Gruden **** storm went down. The booster tells his boss that Gruden is still in fact coming. That the money for assistants isn't a problem because the boosters, himself included, have agreed to pay whatever is necessary. He then says that Gruden wants to finish out MNF and that after that he will in fact be our next coach.

Again, I don't know this guy at all. I really don't know why he would make this up, considering he brought up Gruden, not me. But there it is. Take it with a grain of salt.

Do you know where said booster currently resides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back