Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one that I know of who has changed their tune is BCarter. The other OG's have been here and are staying strong. They probably don't come here as much because this thread has become a lot less fun.

OCI is off the Gruden train

My tune has changed. Friday was crushing and left me with a lot of doubt but I really think the MNF thing adds up a lot moreso than the Tampa Bay buyout. If that's the case, that goes back to the what was said a couple of months ago before Dooley tanked it in November. At this point, I'm thinking things were reaching such a fever pitch last week, that something drastic had to be done to normalize the tempo. There's something I saw Friday, that given the mood Friday I dismissed, but the more I think I about it, the more I wonder. I can't be completely sure about it.

These next 48 hours will be really telling.

care to elaborate?

Reading some of the other fan boards their coaching searches are going the same way. Their media is crazy and no one knows anything! This is the first one I have really followed and it is truly an adventure! :good!:

I said that yesterday...I really feel for Arkansas and Auburn...they are as in the dark as we are......

It's hard to fathom that Gruden would negotiate since spring but at the end couldn't make it happen. I don't know. It's baffling to me. Still have hope. None of the other prospects are "wow's" to me and that's what we need. JMO

Depends on who he was negotiating with. If it was with boosters, then I could understand how it fell apart. Hart seems to want this hire all to himself.

The only one that I know of who has changed their tune is BCarter. The other OG's have been here and are staying strong. They probably don't come here as much because this thread has become a lot less fun.

Not all the OG's have the same sources but I am not trying to build anyones false hope. There was just to much detail in the info for all of it to be false considering the sources. That is why I am holding out on hope it all works out, I know none of the OG's were trying to scam anyone and if I gave anyone false hope I apologize. Checkout my posts, this is the only thread I have posted in and until it is all out I am all in.

I honestly feel Gruden is and will be are best option to turn our program back around.

Reactions: 2 people
Reading some of the other fan boards their coaching searches are going the same way. Their media is crazy and no one knows anything! This is the first one I have really followed and it is truly an adventure! :good!:

Have you seen VolMaster the last few days?

Yeah, but I'm in till it's over. Vol to the wall! I want UT to go straight forward and with confidence but it just doesn't feel that way right now.:rock:

1) Rumors that Strong has been offered
2) Reported that Strong is miffed by the rumors to UT/Arky
3) List of realistic candidates is quickly vaporizing
4) Remaining available coaches are "third tier" types
5) Gruden still hasn't said "no"

It's Gruden.

:thumbsup:

I wouldnt count out the third tier guys just yet.

Not all the OG's have the same sources but I am not trying to build anyones false hope. There was just to much detail in the info for all of it to be false considering the sources. That is why I am holding out on hope it all works out, I know none of the OG's were trying to scam anyone and if I gave anyone false hope I apologize. Checkout my posts, this is the only thread I have posted in and until it is all out I am all in.

I honestly feel Gruden is and will be are best option to turn our program back around.

Happy birthday friend...

In your estimation, what is "getting it wrong"?

Hiring 2nd tier coaches is getting it wrong to me. If Hart can't hire a coach that can walk into the living rooms of 4 and 5 star recruits and command the attention of other SEC coaches not named Saban, we will not climb our way out of the basement.

Reactions: 3 people
Haven't been on since 4pm yesterday and I can't be bothered to read 100+ pages of posts. What have I missed?

Gundy and Strong have been hired. Fisher is out. Berman wore an orange tie last night and Gruden is bringing him in to replace Kesling. Mora is now interested. Probably more but all this just comes to mind.......

Hiring 2nd tier coaches is getting it wrong to me. If Hart can't hire a coach that can walk into the living rooms of 4 and 5 star recruits and command the attention of other SEC coaches not named Saban, we will not climb our way out of the basement.

OK, out of the names you have heard, which are 2nd tier to you? All of them? Is there someone other than Gruden that you'd be happy with?

Happy Birthday Gman!! May this be the best one yet!!!

This has been my feeling since the beginning. :good!:

Me too. I'm still in til its over. The longer this goes on the more I believe it's gonna happen. For every coach that gets scratched off the list, I give a big fist pump!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back