Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck selling another pitiful, cheap hire to this fanbase. We wanted Haslam out because this was his m.o. and we get the same unfortunately it seems. I get it if indeed JG turned us down, but if not I’m gonna be madder than heck.

Reactions: 1 person
That or they know we’ll eat it up and sponsors pay them per click lol.

Sorry I posted that without checking the linked to article ... I'm a little jumpy at things that SEEM to matter right now ... my bad, but I don't think I've done anything worse than the Knoxville sports journalists so I'll just bask in that comfort

Yes it is...it's looking a bunch of DC's and a roll of the dice. What happened to stability! Les was willing to walk on hot coals to Knoxville for the job...this morning he's not on the list.

Which means he got tired of being pulled along or we hired our guy. Last night he was asking for the job. Now-nothing. Today just doesn’t make sense. My BS meter has been chiming all day with his crap. Felt the exact same way when they announced Schiano. It just didn’t make sense.

Does anyone believe we would have heard for sure that the deal fell through if it indeed fell through? My guess is that insider news would travel fairly quickly if the case...

That's the thing that gives us hope..... When this happened 5 years ago it went along much like this..... Then it was shut down. Hard.

We're not seeing that now and that gives us hope.

I do not disagree with your premise, but we have to define the term "legit".

Being given legitimate information to bring to a public forum. To create and environment conducive to the overthrow, ouster, or marginalization of the current power structure. If you would like to know what happened, in a, crude, goofy, rudimentary way. Research unconventional warfare. I don't doubt anything he brought here was not true at the time. But he was specifically sent to prepare an environment to affect a change. Not really rocket science.

Sources have told me Jon Gruden was at the Tennessee banquet in NYC this evening

-Simonton

Phil and UT are about to announce during this tonight and send this college ceremony in to panic mode.

qrrA0.gif

Reactions: 17 people
Sorry I posted that without checking the linked to article ... I'm a little jumpy at things that SEEM to matter right now ... my bad, but I don't think I've done anything worse than the Knoxville sports journalists so I'll just bask in that comfort

Wasn’t blaming you. Was saying the twitter account is likely fishing for clicks.

I don’t post often, but I have a question for the Leach fans... With zero intent to advocate for anyone (other than maybe JG), what is the fascination with Leach? He only has one double-digit win season in his entire career as a head coach. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be exciting to watch, but is he really championship caliber? Again, it’s an independent question without any effort to discredit him. I’m just seriously curious.

Gruden isnt coming... I wish he was honestly, but this has to end. Its freaking torture. Just want this nightmare to end. Its what the administration has let us become. A ****ing laughing stock no one will touch and the few decent coaches who will come like Les, we pass over. Gruden is a pipe dream.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes it is...it's looking a bunch of DC's and a roll of the dice. What happened to stability! Les was willing to walk on hot coals to Knoxville for the job...this morning he's not on the list.

It doesn’t make sense! That’s why it’s Gruden!

Or at least I’m hoping

Which means he got tired of being pulled along or we hired our guy. Last night he was asking for the job. Now-nothing. Today just doesn’t make sense. My BS meter has been chiming all day with his crap. Felt the exact same way when they announced Schiano. It just didn’t make sense.

its been said fulmer and miles are friends. would it be a stretch to think that fulmer hasn't pulled a play from jimmy sextons playbook? helping a friend get a job by generating buzz for him?

anyone know who Miles agent is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back