Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s starting to look like the HOH is still in firm control. They botched it with Schiano and Haslam received negative press. So, throw Currie under the bus and install Fulmer to shut everyone up. Business as usual...tier 2 coach incoming.

Reactions: 5 people
He only tweeted once. I admit that I have his tweets set with notifications so I would’ve seen one saying “Gruden said no” even if he deleted it immediately after. The only thing he recently tweeted and then deleted was “well that was beyond disappointing”.

This is correct. I get the same notifications. Celina says there is a ton of smoke and misinfo coming out tonight.

Reactions: 2 people
He only tweeted once. I admit that I have his tweets set with notifications so I would’ve seen one saying “Gruden said no” even if he deleted it immediately after. The only thing he recently tweeted and then deleted was “well that was beyond disappointing”.

And you can’t figure out what he meant? He has followed the hints the same as the rest of us. He showed his cards with that tweet and his previous 2.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't understand it. You had Gruden sit down to negotiate and you didn't come away with a contract?

If he sat down for negotiation, then clearly there was a criterion that had to be met on UT's end. If that criterion was met, he'd take the job.

Why in the heck did we not fulfill that criterion, REGARDLESS of the demand on Gruden's end.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Other schools find their man and signs him. Tn runs all over the country interviewing pathetic HCs and now interviewing DCs for the HC and people wonder why Tn is the laughing stock of college football. Its embarrassing to see what this football program has become. I think UT might want to cancel that $340 million renovations to Neyland. Next year they will be giving season tickets away.

Reactions: 8 people
It’s starting to look like the HOH is still in firm control. They botched it with Schiano and Haslam received negative press. So, throw Currie under the bus and install Fulmer to shut everyone up. Business as usual...tier 2 coach incoming.

If Fulmer is another puppet....**** Fulmer

Reactions: 4 people
Just know what happened last week and the amount of effort that was put it was wasted all for Pruitt a coordinator hire LMAO😂😂 what a joke

Reactions: 7 people
I just don't understand it. You had Gruden sit down to negotiate and you didn't come away with a contract?

If he sat down for negotiation, then clearly there was a criterion that had to be met on UT's end. If that criterion was met, he'd take the job.

Why in the heck did we not fulfill that criterion, REGARDLESS of the demand on Gruden's end.

If you've followed Gruden over the past nine years it makes perfect sense. This is his MO.

Well boys and girls, I'm officially off the Gruden train. I rode it all the way through in 2012. I was on here then shouting Gruden to the Hill a few minutes before they trotted Butch out. The writing has been on the wall for hours now. I'm going save myself the heartache from 2012. Also, let's be honest, it's delusional at this point to keep going. It's been fun. I've enjoyed every minute -- hours and hours and hours worth -- being here with you all. One last time, just for the heck of it, and even though I no longer believe it .....

GRUDEN TO THE HILL. SOON!

he said it.

Gruden is not happening

Report this message sent 14 minutes ago from Go golf
Delete this message sent 14 minutes ago from Go golf

Beyond disappointed

Report this message sent 13 minutes ago from Go golf
Delete this message sent 13 minutes ago from Go golf
13m

The bold is the second tweet, I was referencing. That definitely happened. I saw it with my own eyes.

But why delete them?

Because the timeline of his tweets out him as a troll, and he knows it. Get everyone’s hopes up, slowly let them down with cryptic bs, say something to the affect of its hit or miss, then say no go. Finally, I’m sure he will come out with some reason why it fell through blah blah blah.

Don’t take this wrong but do you ever wonder if we ever really had a sit down? I know folks on here said it happened but why was it never reported? We have reported everyone else. Shouldn’t the university and CPF want us to know they was trying?

Other schools find their man and signs him. Tn runs all over the country interviewing pathetic HCs and now interviewing DCs for the HC and people wonder why Tn is the laughing stock of college football. Its embarrassing to see what this football program has become. I think UT might want to cancel that $340 million renovations to Neyland. Next year they will be giving season tickets away.
Yeah I mean clearly hiring A DC isnt working out for other schools... Like Georgia...

But why delete them?

giphy.gif

^this

Reactions: 3 people
Don’t take this wrong but do you ever wonder if we ever really had a sit down? I know folks on here said it happened but why was it never reported? We have reported everyone else. Shouldn’t the university and CPF want us to know they was trying?

I have no doubt that they approached Gruden. But, for things to progress, there has to be mutual interest. The guy might show some initial interest, but when it comes right down to it, he can never commit. To any coaching job. I would not be one bit surprised to see him play some NFL teams this off-season and still never sign a contract.

Pruitt would be a great hire. He's a proven winner. He's been in multiple championship cultures, and while we're at it, we're taking away a great DC from under Saban. I'm sure he'll recover as fast as anybody would, but that's going to be a pain in his ass.

That said, it's' definitely Gruden, only Gruden, and nothing but Gruden until it definitely ain't Gruden. Gruden fever baby!!!

Pruitt is a home run hire given the side show that has been this coaching search. I am pumped. Gruden would have been a walk off grand slam, but it wasn’t meant to be.

Yeah I mean clearly hiring A DC isnt working out for other schools... Like Georgia...

He has been a coordinator for some successful teams in big time programs. Five years is good.

The only thing I don't like is that he played for Alabama.

UTSuave’;14846249 said:
Just know what happened last week and the amount of effort that was put it was wasted all for Pruitt a coordinator hire LMAO😂😂 what a joke

I'm not sold on this either nor am I quite as pissed as you are, yet, but that may be the booze.. not sure if you caught my post earlier, it's an interesting read for any who forgot last friday

post #2172

I have no doubt that they approached Gruden. But, for things to progress, there has to be mutual interest. The guy might show some initial interest, but when it comes right down to it, he can never commit. To any coaching job. I would not be one bit surprised to see him play some NFL teams this off-season and still never sign a contract.

Well why didn’t the media ever report it? Why was it hush hush. Don’t get me wrong I’m a believer but don’t you find that strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back