Official Jon Gruden thread XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely not claiming I'm right, I just think it changes the narrative when words are attributed that someone didn't use. It's leading and unfair to folks that weren't here that night.

I agree 100%. If someone is going to quote AV or any other poster, it should be word for word. Not the way that they have or may interpret said post. It’s not only unfair to folks that never read original post, but unfair to said person being quoted.

spell check

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We're talking quality of coach here not whether we can get him.

I'm simply comparing Chip Kelly's accomplishments at Oregon to Chris Petersen at Washington. Kelly was significantly better.

I just don't see where this Petersen is elite talk is coming from. His record at Washington says he's a good coach. But it definitely doesn't support the opinion that he's elite. That's a very select group. A group I've never seen Chris Petersen mentioned in.

I've heard David Shaw get mentioned as elite coach more than I've heard Chris Petersen.

You don't hear David Shaw as an elite coach anywhere! You may hear more about David Shaw in coaching searches but that's because Petersen wasn't leaving Boise State because of his kid's health problems. But it seems everything is good on that front so bring him down south and let's ride!!!

You should go visit the Mullen threads, D4H. They are always up for a stimulating debate over how Mullen is or it not an elite coach and kindly welcome contrary opinions.

Your style of posting would be more than welcome there.

Is Petersen related to everyone here?

I don't know why y'all are jumping on me for questioning the dogma around here that's he some elite coach. This is honestly the first time I've heard of him getting talked like this. I've never seen him listed as a top coach in the game. I've seen David Shaw get more hype.

I'm simply not getting where all this Petersen is elite talk is coming from. It's the first time I've heard it.

Well you haven’t been paying attention. Petersen has been considered elite by most of the country for a long time!

We're talking quality of coach here not whether we can get him.

I'm simply comparing Chip Kelly's accomplishments at Oregon to Chris Petersen at Washington. Kelly was significantly better.

I just don't see where this Petersen is elite talk is coming from. His record at Washington says he's a good coach. But it definitely doesn't support the opinion that he's elite. That's a very select group. A group I've never seen Chris Petersen mentioned in.

I've heard David Shaw get mentioned as elite coach more than I've heard Chris Petersen.
Maybe you should pay more attention

You don't hear David Shaw as an elite coach anywhere! You may hear more about David Shaw in coaching searches but that's because Petersen wasn't leaving Boise State because of his kid's health problems. But it seems everything is good on that front so bring him down south and let's ride!!!

Hmmm, I do hear Shaw being mentioned as one of the best in CFB. He is and continues to be the coach to beat out West.

Difference is, I don't think anyone will ever get him out of Stanford just like I don't feel anyone will ever get Patterson out of TCU.

You're talking about 10 years ago.

If the guy's last marquee win was 10 years ago, that's not a good look for him.

Bob Stoops-2007
Chip Kelly-2007
Gary Patterson-2009

Pretty much after 2009 no one wanted to play Boise State. He beat David Shaw last year too so I'd say he's beaten... Apologies OUTCOACHED Some coaches we all would drool over!

Boise State never played anyone. And what he did at a lower level is beside the point. He's been a power 5 coach for 4 years now at a major program. Who cares what he did at Boise. What he's doing right now in Washington is what matters. And I'm not seeing much to be impressed by.

His teams were bad his first two years and although they have good records on paper the last 2 years, they've played very weak schedules. I can't think of a single marquee victory for Washington the last 2 years.

Not saying he's a bad coach. I'm simply saying I don't see the hype. Chip Kelly was 10x the coach at Oregon that Petersen has been at Washington.

Who the hell let D4H in here?

2t52i72.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back