Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
of all you Grudenites sitting in front of your computers posting while the news rolls in....it would for sure make this whole thing unforgetable.

On the other hand

What I'm trying to say is even IF we do get Gruden now, it's not like he's the saving grace of the program that everyone is trying to make him out to be... He is NOT a sure thing at the college level. Yes he's won a super bowl, yes his name alone would attract major positive attention to the program. However, Gruden is VERY intense and idk if kids will react to him very well or not. Also he is a PRO coach. Period there's no debating that one... He will have offers to coach at that level assuming he has some success here and I don't see him passing those opportunities up down the road. I would be just as excited as the next guy if we landed Gruden, but I do not see him as the long term and steady solution that we need

That's definitely reasonable.

IMO, if you're looking for someone (or some company) that would LOVE to break this story ahead of ESPN, look no further than Fox. They would love to be able to break this leading into their Friday night coverage (PAC 12, Big 12)

From a competitive standpoint, the Maryland-Louisville switch was a net positive for the ACC

I agree. But losing Maryland, a charter member of the ACC, stings the ACC bad. Not so much in terms of Football and Basketball. But in terms of tradition, power brokers in DC area, others sports, etc.

Conference expansion has become a game of eat or be eaten. And I'll tell you this, SEC better get to 16 sooner vs. later or we could have a domino or 2 fall as well - SEC is vulnerable too. Have to get to 16 soon.

That kind of style has obviously worked exceptionally well for Muschamp

Im telling ya, when a coach gets fired up, you try not to get on his bad side. haha
I think Gruden will be fired up as in pumped and fired up when it comes to discipline. My favorite Jon Gruden pump up quote is, "And once we beat Philly, and we go to the Championship, Im gonna buy two hotel rooms for all my b**ches!!!" (Tampa Players went into an uproar.

As a college professor, I get to see first-hand how many young people simply cannot follow directions. I've made myself feel better about this by telling myself that this will change as they grow up.

However, watching people try to discuss things in the Cliff notes thread is totally destroying my faith in humanity.

Reactions: 3 people
does anybody have any info about somebody calling Cindy Gruden and leaving a rude or threatning message? How freakin stupid is that!!!!!!! Is there any truth to this?

Probably that bama fan who tried to poison the Auburn trees...from his jail cell. :eek:hmy:

Man the Knoxville media guys specifically on the Animal either they don't have a clue or they are doing a cover up for this thing I think the Athletic Department Has a major lid on this thing and they are putting out false info so these guys will report it that is all for now. Get GRUDEN

wurd

Gruden could be live on camera on ESPN and say "I am NOT taking a college coaching job" and the Gruden Fluffers on here would swear it's a ploy to set up his hiring as our next head coach. Deny, Deny, Deny. It plays out the same way everyday in the same way by the same guys in the recruiting forum. "He's a UT lock". "Book It". "Wait and see". Kid announces for USC. Umm, something must have happened with his grades. :eek:lol:

IMO, if you're looking for someone (or some company) that would LOVE to break this story ahead of ESPN, look no further than Fox. They would love to be able to break this leading into their Friday night coverage (PAC 12, Big 12)

One of their big names has the info too.

Reactions: 3 people
Gruden could be live on camera on ESPN and say "I am NOT taking a college coaching job" and the Gruden Fluffers on here would swear it's a ploy to set up his hiring as our next head coach. Deny, Deny, Deny. It plays out the same way everyday in the same way by the same guys in the recruiting forum. "He's a UT lock". "Book It". "Wait and see". Kid announces for USC. Umm, something must have happened with his grades. :eek:lol:

And you would still be the same crappy poster you've always been.

Reactions: 9 people
What I'm trying to say is even IF we do get Gruden now, it's not like he's the saving grace of the program that everyone is trying to make him out to be... He is NOT a sure thing at the college level. Yes he's won a super bowl, yes his name alone would attract major positive attention to the program. However, Gruden is VERY intense and idk if kids will react to him very well or not. Also he is a PRO coach. Period there's no debating that one... He will have offers to coach at that level assuming he has some success here and I don't see him passing those opportunities up down the road. I would be just as excited as the next guy if we landed Gruden, but I do not see him as the long term and steady solution that we need

We need intensity.. someone to motivate.. someone to hold players accountable.. like Hunter playing not to get hurt.. and his alligator arms.. with balls flying through them.. ball hitting him in the helment and cant catch it.. that stuff should not be tollerated on the field.. period.. put someone in that wants to be out there and play..

If Gruden truly wants to coach in the SEC, then he'll sign with UT. If he's still considering the NFL--and why wouldn't he given that he's an NFL guy and that there will be at least five NFL coaching vacancies soon--then we may have an issue. Either way, we need a coach that will stay with the program for //at least// five years. I don't want Gruden if he's going to bolt after, say, three years--that's not enough, given where UT is right now. I'd rather get a good college coach who is completely committed. There are no guarantees, of course, that Gruden will save us--the SEC is a beast right now--but like Kiffin he would improve recruiting a LOT and put together a stout staff. So chance are we'd get good pretty quickly. As for his intensity, I say BRING IT ON. Isn't Saban pretty damn intense? Most of the best coaches are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back