Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This second hand information stuff is getting ridiculous

We have a bunch of people that get information from a perceived "inside source",
the thing is some of their sources are actually terrible and it reflects poorly on the poster from this website

we have posters that have no sources and make stuff up; why they do it I do not know, probably bammer fans.

We have posters that just take stuff they read on TOS, read from other "insiders" here and repost it mixed and matched as their own

I can tell you what we certainly don't have in here is a first hand source.

Reactions: 1 person
The hot news is some people believe OCI is trolling, some believe he is a phony and some believe what he says. You have to read and make your own decision friend. I believe the ones who were there from the beginning such as Jay and Boro.

I think OCI trolled us pretty well, however why would he admit it? If you're going to troll may as well keep it going without blowing it.

I am fine with Tubs if we swing for the fence first. I would be fine with Golden too. Tuberville wouldnt be a splash but he is s olid coach with a nice resume and recruited decently at Auburn if I recall. You have to wonder if Gran would be his OC.

The most impressive backfield I have ever been on the field with was a AU spring game where Cadillac Williams was #1 Ronnie Brown was #2 and Brandon Jacobs was #3. Jacobs was a physical beast of an RB.

The hot news is some people believe OCI is trolling, some believe he is a phony and some believe what he says. You have to read and make your own decision friend. I believe the ones who were there from the beginning such as Jay and Boro.

I don't say a lot. But I have my opinions on them all, for sure.

Thanks for the update!

Different people read it different ways.

Well, guys, my final advice is don't lose sleep over this and definitely don't lose focus at work. I personally think we are probably pursuing Gruden, but the chances of getting him are really slim, regardless of the money and his ties to Tennessee. It's much more likely we get a different, proven coach, if Dooley gets fired.

In the meantime, cheer your Vols to victory! We are getting to watch some special players this year (Patterson, our OL, etc.). Let's enjoy them while we've got them.

There's still a lot of program pride to play for, not the least of which is avoiding another losing season. I think these guys get it done, 7-5.

I definitely won't lose any sleep over it.:crazy:

I believe there is something to all this. Neither party, Hart or Gruden, has denied or confirmed the "rumors". It is in the media as well, not just VN. Common sense says someone would have already addressed if false.

I agree 100%. But what media has it been in other than Chris Lowe (ESPN writer) saying that there is probably interest from Gruden on this? Just asking...not trying to call you out or anything. I may have not seen it. Thx.

This second hand information stuff is getting ridiculous

We have a bunch of people that get information from a perceived "inside source",
the thing is some of their sources are actually terrible and it reflects poorly on the poster from this website

we have posters that have no sources and make stuff up; why they do it I do not know, probably bammer fans.

We have posters that just take stuff they read on TOS, read from other "insiders" here and repost it mixed and matched as their own

I can tell you what we certainly don't have in here is a first hand source.

That's right. Until JonGrudenVol (the.jon.gruden.vol@gmail.com) shows up and says, "Hi. I'm your new head coach," I ain't believing it.

yes_it_is_really_me1.gif

Not defending OCI in the least because I don't believe him on this one, but I actually didn't take his posts in the recruiting forum the same way as others have (i.e., I didn't think he was admitting he was a troll). I've followed him for a while on here because I (mistakenly) thought he had decent info. I noticed over time he had a tendency to make fun of himself occasionally and I thought that was all he was doing there today.

For my part, I came away from that thinking he was still standing by his predictions and expecting Dooley to get fired soon and replaced by Gruden.

Still, don't think he's right. TIFWIW

You may be correct but the context seemed pretty clear...either way the guy is full of it

I think OCI trolled us pretty well, however why would he admit it? If you're going to troll may as well keep it going without blowing it.

The contract thread followed by the "conversation" with an assistant coach followed by the list of assistants. The web got too tangled so he bailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back