Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple of months discussing Gruden with the same people, I hate the thought of losing them in the clutter of the other threads. We should consider a thread name where we can continue to discuss all things UT football with the same people. Come up with a thread name...Go

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry how can he do his job and do what needs to be done to help UT? We need these next 6 weeks badly, and him working on game planning and bama's game will be the priority. So, we at UT dug our grave and have to accept what is best on his terms, not ours? Apparently so.

I withhold judgement until the time comes, but, right now, I don't like the optics.

Understandable. I don't think most people do like the way it looks. However it may be what we have to work with. The next two weeks is all about recruiting. Not only new players but also the players we have. Since we don't have a bowl game to prepare for, practice will be very limited. Mostly strength and conditioning.

After a couple of months discussing Gruden with the same people, I hate the thought of losing them in the clutter of the other threads. We should consider a thread name where we can continue to discuss all things UT football with the same people. Come up with a thread name...Go

I think someone did last night...Neyland I.

Ive been pulling for Gruden since ‘12. I am a little troubled by the way he has handled this search just as much as the way the Admin has handled it. Neither side is exclusively at fault nor blameless in how volnation has been misled during these negotiations. However, we have to have a coach! This hire is by no means a homerun hire and i dont think anyone is celebrating in the streets. But there comes a time when you have to quit swinging for the fences and striking out. At some point, you just have to get on base. This hire puts us in play and hopefully we can still win in this situation. The homerun swings are no longer an option this time around.

well looks like Gruden is out...i think Pruitt will be ok...hes tuff and nasty and we need that.and it sounds like some of the other schools are all ready afraid of recruiting..OH and other this hes not a GYM teacher like butch...

It has been fun once again this go around....dang good people in this thread minus the trolls. Lets get behind pruitt and see what kind of a staff and who we have to work with. I for one am out on Gruden piss on him for flirting and never coming out to say he didn't want the job and keeping this fan base stirred up. I say he is to chicken sh** to coach again that is why he won't accept a job anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people

The (not so) beautiful thing about Tennessee football is that we all get to meet here and do it again every five years. It is like our version of Groundhog Day.

Jeez... Pruitt... I'm like Boro; probably will pay a lot less attention next season. Glad I'm taking a job in another country next year. Looks like I won't miss much. Go Vols nonetheless.

Jeez... Pruitt... I'm like Boro; probably will pay a lot less attention next season. Glad I'm taking a job in another country next year. Looks like I won't miss much. Go Vols nonetheless.

You probably would be better off by paying a lot less attention to Boro. Just saying....

You probably would be better off by paying a lot less attention to Boro. Just saying....

I like Boro. Seems to have his head on straight. Only info I trust is from AV though. I trust no one else 100 percent on this board. Except ape, but he's not an insider.

I know I rarely post but I followed this thread consistently for the past few weeks. I was all in on Gruden but I support the Pruitt hire. Thanks to everyone for all the fun and laughs. It's odd how you can feel like you know someone without ever meeting them. See ya around. GO VOLS!!!

Tniati.

combo of tennessee and illuminati and, read backwards, "it aint."

So it sounds as if we have our man. Like it or not, he has been chosen to lead the team. I will give him a shot. Not saying any of y'all have to, but I know I would rather watch Tennessee football with my family and friends, and complain about the product, then not watch at all. God bless all of you fine folks on this site. Thanks again freak for the greatest fan message board out there. I will be dropping into the other forums a little more from now on. I feel like I belong. Love every one of you PECKERS.....

Semper Fi all.

:hi::hi::salute::salute:

hey @JimmyHyams was wrong the last time he said the deal was done....I kid, I would say this one is done for sure. Ol Hyams wouldn't wanna get it wrong twice in one coaching search.

I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

The problem with message boards or any type of social media is that whatever is said, stays out there. We have a lot of people that were hanging on your every chapter and verse.
I for one appreciated your enthusiasm and fully acknowledge that something needed to change. Was it the Bolshevik revolution that so many on here wanted? No, but I kinda prefer the American revolution. Let’s get it right. Let’s show compounded improvement, year to year, getting UT back to its position of prominence. It can happen!

Hope the party and golf happens. I’m in, if invited. Would love to meet many of the passionate fans that helped make something historical happen.

I’m changing from SOON back to Bleedin’ Orange

So we overthrow one AD to appoint an AD who still listened to Peyton, Haslam, and Sexton.

When Fulmer has his presser, he gives coach speak about coming together so we would just buy into this bs. Talk about interviewing anyone and everyone but only interview 3 SEC dc’s and call Tee. That is horse crap. It’s laziness.

We still hired a guy that Sexton represents. That means Haslam is still involved and Peyton signed off on. So really, nothing changed at all.

We have a guy that has not been able to get enough of running the Browns into the ground, that he now has to run Tennessee into the ground.

Way. To. Go.
So. Fired. Up.

This is why I woke up pissed off and in a bad mood this morning. Gruden would have been great, but UT is imploding from the inside out because there are so many people whether in administration or boosters to cling to their little fiefdoms and care more about that than they do the success of the university. This hire is a microcosm of those issues. I'm just sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back