Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tip: I keep seeing that members of the media are being used in a misinformation campaign to cover up the #Gruden story. That's ridiculous. If anyone had the story, they'd break it before Currie could pick up a phone. And why would #Vols do it? "We've got him, so hide it!"

They don’t know. Just going by what they are fed and if they are fed something not true they don’t know and run with it anyways.

Reactions: 1 person
UPS fail. I asked if I could pick them up at hub. The guy said that the Hub on Callahan doesn’t have a Saturday schedule. I asked if I could pick them up somewhere between here and Georgia and he said that would take a re-route request, it would take another day. I said there’s no way to get them tomorrow even if I drive to get them? He said no.

I call BS

Seriously???? Yeah that damn science is bad, I would rather believe the internet and Jenny McCarthy. I am not getting into this conversation here.

Believe whatever you want. If you think all doctors agree with flu shots being good or that it's accepted science then lol.

Just a tip: I keep seeing that members of the media are being used in a misinformation campaign to cover up the #Gruden story. That's ridiculous. If anyone had the story, they'd break it before Currie could pick up a phone. And why would #Vols do it? "We've got him, so hide it!"

Just the tip? I've heard that before.

I know a mechanic here for UPS. I'll call and see if there's something that can be done.

Nice of you to do that. I worked for UPS in college and the problem is if even if the truck is in Knoxville, which it likely will be, it may not be scheduled to be unloaded till early Monday morning for outbound delivery.

If it gets unloaded and sorted before then there is a chance.

Last edited:
Seriously???? Yeah that damn science is bad, I would rather believe the internet and Jenny McCarthy. I am not getting into this conversation here.

Same with Polio Vaccines, Smallpox ect. .... (note my dad had polio just a few years before the vaccine came out).

Question for all you ladies and gentlemen that were here in 2012....do y’all remember that one guy that showed up in this thread from another country? He said he didn’t really understand football but he had come to Knoxville for a visit and instantly became a UT fan? We had to explain football to him, running through that T, etc. lol super cool dood.

Just had a flashback and was wondering if any of you recall him too??

Reactions: 4 people
I keep going back to something from this morning that didn’t seem to draw much discussion...

In the Seattle interview, everyone seemed to be focused on the unprompted Rocky Top reference... Which was a big deal in itself... But I’m still hung up on him specifically requesting that he not be questioned about the Tennessee job... That was just barely mentioned and seemed to get overshadowed by the RockyTop talk.

IMO, that is more telling than what he said at the end. It’s well known that he is a TN fan, so that shoutout could just be written off to him being fan. But the fact that he requested not to be asked about the job confirms 2 key pieces of information that we had no official proof of before.

- 1) It confirms that he is aware of all the speculation, and has a reason not to talk about it. Yesterday when he was asked, he made the “never say never” comment, which would have been the perfect opportunity to shut it down. Then the very next day, he tells them not to ask about it. Why was he fine with talking about it one day and not the next? Because he gave all the details he was willing to give the day before. He didn’t want them to dig any deeper.

- 2) The notion that we haven’t even reached out to him or that he isn’t being considered is officially debunked. It is now a FACT that he is being considered and has had at least 1 conversation with the UTAD or someone working on their behalf.

This may not seem like a big deal compared to all the inside info we’re getting... But to me it was huge... because it was the first real, concrete confirmation of something... Not a huge something, but something nonetheless.

HFBC JG knows it’s soon.

Last edited:
UPS fail. I asked if I could pick them up at hub. The guy said that the Hub on Callahan doesn’t have a Saturday schedule. I asked if I could pick them up somewhere between here and Georgia and he said that would take a re-route request, it would take another day. I said there’s no way to get them tomorrow even if I drive to get them? He said no.

I just thought of something. I have a friend here in Knoxville who is a driver. Let me text her and see what she says.

Ok, have a little tidbit to share.

I have a friend that called me while at dinner earlier. He works for a very high up booster in town.

Said the Gruden deal is done. The VFL coordinators and position names we have been hearing on here is correct. Also added Tee going to be OC but only agreed to come here if he was going to be Head coach in waiting.

Said the misinformation train is full speed ahead trying to keep this under wraps. Here's the part I didn't understand. His boss said the coaches and players all know. The players have been told to stay quiet or you lose your scholarship. His boss didn't give him an annoucement date but said it could happen sooner than later depending on stories and leaks.

Went to highschool and college at UT with him so I trust him completely but obviously I wasn't in the room and hear his boss say this.

Maybe Tuesday could give us a smilie if the info I heard about the coach in waiting is correct??

If all of the players knew Gruden is the new coach, it would have already been leaked.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back