Official Jon Gruden thread 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally. If I’m being suckered then you all are being suckered. If I’m not then you all aren’t. I’m getting info from a source in the AD, these type of things are fluid. You think those guys slept at all last night? They don’t know the outcome of the games until 10-11PM and then have to make a decision. For the most part they have to wait for others to get back from away games. Lots can change in 12 hours, he texted me at 3:45AM and said he doesn’t think anything will change today. Which is different than what he said last night in the 4th qtr.

You're full of it, you went all in saying 100% Butch is fired last night to waking up seeing nothing has happened so you're starting to back track. Stop spreading lies to try to feel important, seriously.

Reactions: 5 people
This has been stated by folks before, but worth repeating. ANYONE can come in here claiming to be connected. Maybe some are, but suspect most are not, at least to the extent that they would like folks to believe. With that, everything posted in these threads should be taken with much skepticism. I look for information from folks that provide insight, rather than definitive statements (e.g., 100% done, gone, etc.). I will not call out a particular individual, but your "100% statement" will be your last hooray today, either you will look like a rockstar, or you will be outed as FOS. No need in trying to retract, your previous statements were over confident and maybe folks like you and others should strongly consider how you word your statements if you do not want to get "called to the principal's office". There are some very interesting, intelligent, and thought provoking people in this forum, and more specifically, this thread. So, like it or not, folks will call you out, whether you actually have truthful facts or not, just be warned, and hey, learn to develop a somewhat thick layer of rhino hide. Take things (i.e., comments, ridicule, etc.) in stride and GRUDE-ON!

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry but Mullen is just a step better then Butch. We need a Home Run Hire not another step up the ladder of mediocrity. Btw Butch Jones's Tennessee team came closer to beating Saban in 2015 then Mullen did tonight... just saying. :)

To win a National Championship at Tennessee you gotta beat Alabama TWICE.... Mullen has never beaten Saban... NEVER EVER!!!

Also Kiffin's team came closer than that.....close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Mullen also lost to South Alabama the year before. Losing games you shouldn't and not being able to finish the big one sounds a lot like Butch to me.

Tim Irwin just said on Hyams show this am it was the worst tackling performance he has ever seen

There's a difference between mailing it in and and being deliberate. The performance last night couldn't have been worse if it were taken from a script.

If Butch is still here for the next two weeks the band director should refuse to program the pre-game open T formation for him to run through. One of the greatest traditions in college sports has been sullied enough.

When things slowed down last night right after thread 32 was born I went on to sleep. The game certainly wasn't worth watching. That's the first time I've done that.

DTO's info drop doesn't bother me for reasons many stated overnight:
-he wants to be top dog, and the glazers care more about futbol than football.
- Gruden has been flying around since the Georgia game assembling and interviewing assistants.
-to me there has been sufficient evidence that the Gruden family was moving to Knoxville with or without a coaching job. Staying in tampa doesn't make sense.
-DTO also came in a few weeks ago in the middle if a game to tell us the Gruden deal was dead.
-UTVolinExile has very good info about intentional leaks and outright lies from the AD.

I'm not saying DTO is lying to us. I'm saying he is being lied to. I'm still at 90%. I think, for good reason, Gruden wants this job as much as we all want him to have it. Almost every job in the NFL has been his for the asking for many years. Why would he suddenly take a job from someone who fired him? Makes no sense.

My fingers are crossed that Butch is gone today.

Catch myself always looking for your daily early morning post. I enjoy reading your take on everything that has transpired overnight. Very level-headed, don’t get rattled easily and stay very optimistic. Your breakdown and input help some stay the course.
Soon !!!

Reactions: 2 people
There was a lot of people “reporting” it would be officially announced today Jones would be relieved of his coaching duties. I guess we’ll find out today who has good sources and who is full of it.

Catch myself always looking for your daily early morning post. I enjoy reading your take on everything that has transpired overnight. Very level-headed, don’t get rattled easily and stay very optimistic. Your breakdown and input help some stay the course.
Soon !!!

You are just sucking up in hopes of getting some of her wings! :)

Soon !!!

You're very kind.

If Butch is still here for the next two weeks the band director should refuse to program the pre-game open T formation for him to run through. One of the greatest traditions in college sports has been sullied enough.

But, butch fixed the band situation. /sarcasm

There was a lot of people “reporting” it would be officially announced today Jones would be relieved of his coaching duties. I guess we’ll find out today who has good sources and who is full of it.

These are the same people, for the most part, who have said the same thing after every game. At some point, they'll get it right. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Also Kiffin's team came closer than that.....close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Mullen also lost to South Alabama the year before. Losing games you shouldn't and not being able to finish the big one sounds a lot like Butch to me.

Mullen is an upgrade and is a far better coach than Butch. Unfortunately, we need better than Mullen.

Is he still defending Butch?

Neither have yet. I don't listen much to Hyams but he has not been defending CBJ for a while. He does refuse to consider/discuss JG being our next coach. Not the same thing although many hear seem to lump the two concepts together.

GBO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back