Official Gramps' Memorial Politics Forum OT Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.. some bad news today. I apparently have gout. 27 years old, not overweight, perfectly healthy aside from elevated liver enzymes. But all I eat is red meat, fish and beer. Let this be a lesson to y'all.

Also my father has it and my grandfather did as well so I am obviously genetically predisposed, but I definitely contributed with my diet and sporadic alcoholism.

Hurts like a sonofa*****. I was hoping for opiates but all I got was prednisone, though doc did say the heavy dose I'm on should leave the foot feeling much better tomorrow. I hope he's right- I can't put any weight on it at all atm.

Welp.. some bad news today. I apparently have gout. 27 years old, not overweight, perfectly healthy aside from elevated liver enzymes. But all I eat is red meat, fish and beer. Let this be a lesson to y'all.

Also my father has it and my grandfather did as well so I am obviously genetically predisposed, but I definitely contributed with my diet and sporadic alcoholism.

Hurts like a sonofa*****. I was hoping for opiates but all I got was prednisone, though doc did say the heavy dose I'm on should leave the foot feeling much better tomorrow. I hope he's right- I can't put any weight on it at all atm.

Years ago I had a few really painful (you know what I'm talking about) episodes but, at least in my case, they dropped off drastically in both frequency and intensity. I didn't do anything different as I still eat/drink like an Irish hyena.

A friend's dad has it bad and I know there are drugs available that can help as he keeps some around he swears by and will always have handy.

That's rough, MP.

How long before you're on your feet again n

Years ago I had a few really painful (you know what I'm talking about) episodes but, at least in my case, they dropped off drastically in both frequency and intensity. I didn't do anything different as I still eat/drink like an Irish hyena.

A friend's dad has it bad and I know there are drugs available that can help as he keeps some around he swears by and will always have handy.

Yeah, the doctor said they don't go to he preventative medicine until you have a few episodes, they just want me to drink less beer and eat less meat. Bummer.

You gotta teach me your secrets.

That's rough, MP.

How long before you're on your feet again n

Doc seemed very convinced that after my first dose of prednisone I would be able to at least put enough weight on it tomorrow to hobble around a bit. I'm dubious as I cannot currently put any weight whatsoever on it (going to the bathroom has become a struggle of life and death) but I hope he's right. They need me at work and I'm sure I'm 400 deep in my inbox..

Doc seemed very convinced that after my first dose of prednisone I would be able to at least put enough weight on it tomorrow to hobble around a bit. I'm dubious as I cannot currently put any weight whatsoever on it (going to the bathroom has become a struggle of life and death) but I hope he's right. They need me at work and I'm sure I'm 400 deep in my inbox..

What dietary changes are you making?

What dietary changes are you making?

Less beer, less seafood, less red meat. My three favorite things...

It's not like I don't drink water or eat fruits and vegetables, I do. I would guess the beer contributed a whole lot along with being genetically predisposed.

It's not like I don't drink water or eat fruits and vegetables, I do. I would guess the beer contributed a whole lot along with being genetically predisposed.

Had a few bouts myself. Always due to malnutrition, drug/alcohol abuse, and lack of sleep. I could grab my toe, and make it click like gears. Weird ****in sound to hear coming out of your bones.

Might be easier to amputate your toe.

Had a few bouts myself. Always due to malnutrition, drug/alcohol abuse, and lack of sleep. I could grab my toe, and make it click like gears. Weird ****in sound to hear coming out of your bones.

I don't want clicking toes.

I'm about to eat a whole lot of rice crispies made with weed butter to put me down, hopefully by the time I wake up from the haze my foot will be feeling a little better.

Might be easier to amputate your toe.

The funny thing is, I'm not getting the most severe pain in the toe area. I'm getting it in the middle of the foot/ankle area, though the toes do hurt as well. Just not as much.

Amputate the whole damn thing and give me a rollerblade foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back