Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

So I’ve had my own first world problems going on. I’m at the end of week two of rerigging my boat. Completely rewiring all new electronics. Had to replace seals on two of the three hydraulic systems on the boat. And epoxy fill some holes at the transom bottom for an old transducer I took off. Hope to get my trolling motor back sometime Monday and then hopefully I can wrap this up with the parts I’ve got on hand by end of next week and get the boat back on the water.

Here is an example of what I’m elbows deep in 😂

IMG_3732.jpeg

So I’ve had my own first world problems going on. I’m at the end of week two of rerigging my boat. Completely rewiring all new electronics. Had to replace seals on two of the three hydraulic systems on the boat. And epoxy fill some holes at the transom bottom for an old transducer I took off. Hope to get my trolling motor back sometime Monday and then hopefully I can wrap this up with the parts I’ve got on hand by end of next week and get the boat back on the water.

Here is an example of what I’m elbows deep in 😂

View attachment 638610

Looks like the Gumps and GA Tech had an ugly baby.

Not a bad take on it for sure. Soooooo many damn wires…..

And that’s just the bow unit. Same stuff going on at the console and inside the starboard gear locker right in front of the console.

I was talking about the color.

But I learned my lesson on redoing the electronics on a boat. Never again will I take someone else’s experiment, sloppy work and stupidity and try to upgrade it with my sloppy work and stupidity.

Reactions: AM64
I was talking about the color.

But I learned my lesson on redoing the electronics on a boat. Never again will I take someone else’s experiment, sloppy work and stupidity and try to upgrade it with my sloppy work and stupidity.
The color?! My boat is beautiful!! 🤬

It’s an acquired taste. All of the fast East TN bass boats are loud in color schemes. Party of the entry criteria.

But down here the colors get their attention and the 2 stroke sound and speed keeps them looking 😬

Oh and amen on correcting the prior redneck half assed mods. With this update it’s either all original or mine and I use all marine grade components. I hate rework. Especially rework on my own work.

Lowrance ever heard of bus technology?
There are actually four networks on this boat now. Two wired and two wireless. Part of that rats nest you’re looking at is the NMEA 2000 and the Ethernet wiring.

All of the big names support all the same networks now. The reason mine looks so helter skelter is they are all hooked up. The entire boat is now networked including the engine.

There are actually four networks on this boat now. Two wired and two wireless. Part of that rats nest you’re looking at is the NMEA 2000 and the Ethernet wiring.

All of the big names support all the same networks now. The reason mine looks so helter skelter is they are all hooked up. The entire boat is now networked including the engine.

The fish just don’t stand a chance.

I can only hope you can post this again in the fall!

You can never count a UT victory over those bastards until the clock strikes zero...but they have the hardest schedule this season that I have ever seen in football in my 47 years of life. Absolutely brutal...they may win 2 games or more. 5 would be an amazing coaching job and maybe get Napier another season. Its that bad. No way in Hell they make a bowl game IMO. Couldn't happen to a better bunch...

Reactions: AM64
The color?! My boat is beautiful!! 🤬

It’s an acquired taste. All of the fast East TN bass boats are loud in color schemes. Party of the entry criteria.

But down here the colors get their attention and the 2 stroke sound and speed keeps them looking 😬

Oh and amen on correcting the prior redneck half assed mods. With this update it’s either all original or mine and I use all marine grade components. I hate rework. Especially rework on my own work.
You did buy some high end marine electronics.

Yeah there is some money there for sure. But Lowrance had the HDS Live on price cut as they are phasing it out to only sell the current HDS Pro stuff. But HDS Live is all I need. I did put the current Active Target 2 on it tho

How do you pay attention to all that data and still drink beer and ogle bikini clad vixens?

VN Store

Back