Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Trying not to post a tirade...but this is so true. The overwhelming majority of the terrible traffic in Charlotte is caused by:

1. "Reactionary brakers." (99% of women) if a car ANYWHERE in front of them breathes on their brake pedal, they brake immediately . This car can be 10 cars ahead...and even in a DIFFERENT lane. Doesnt matter .nor does the amount of car lengths in distance between her car and the car in front of her. See a brake light? Slow down dramatically causing traffic on the entire interstate to do the same...

2. " Onlooker delays" also known as "Rubbernecking Bastards that should be shunned" traffic here on 3 and 4 lane wide interstates will come to a COMPLETE STOP in all lanes and then have stop and go traffic due to the "slinky effect" just because theres a broken down car on the shoulder. Or a fender bender also ON the shoulder completely out of the way of traffic. Its all 100% nosy ass people. Unless youre a 1st responder, or a dude/mechanic with a truck full of tools AND you're actually gonna pull over and help the stranded driver...you have no business slowing to a crawl and causing horrible traffic for everyone.

3. This last 1 sounds crazy but I promise you it is true. "Crooked interstates". Charlotte has 2 major interstates that cross in center of city.. I77 and I85. Theres also an inner (277) and outer "loop" highway(485). Traffic on I77 and on 485 both slow to stop and go traffic at rush hours every weekday... not because of accidents or police...but because there are big curves at points in each where drivers cannot see a full mile of straight road in front of them. I am dead serious. The roads simply get a little curvy...long sweeping gradual curves. Not sharp curves...these are interstates with speed limits of 55mph and 70mph. Where folks routinely drive 80mph plus any time except rush hour. This debacle is made much worse by #1. Reactionary Brakers. Normal folks, when they have to waste 30mins of their lives in bumper to bumper nightmare think " surely theres an accident ahead" or "must be blue lights somewhere ". Nope. As soon as you finally make it to straight road again with 1 mile visibility...you better be running 90 to be in the passing lane. 80 in the others to keep from getting run over. Its infuriating. Losing 30mins of life everyday because people are scared to drive on a curve.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
It is a rather odd move to draft a QB 8th overall after they just signed Kirk Cousins to a 166 million dollar contract. “Its’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see how it plays out.”
Now you cant look at the QB posistion as just costing whatever Cousins costs. you also have to consider they will have another 25ish million dollars sunk in the QB posistion for Penix. that money should have been used elsewhere, even just free agents.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Now you cant look at the QB posistion as just costing whatever Cousins costs. you also have to consider they will have another 25ish million dollars sunk in the QB posistion for Penix. that money should have been used elsewhere, even just free agents.

Yep, paying 2 hefty QB salaries, I have no clue what the 8th overall pick’s contract usually averages out to, but I would think it would be substantially more than 25 mil, but again I have no real knowledge on it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So, I've been in Austin since Tuesday. Had a nagging cough for a couple of weeks prior. Quit smoking in February so I thought it was my body clearing it out. Got diagnosed with pneumonia today and they gave me a steroid shot because the music festival starts today.

So, I've been in Austin since Tuesday. Had a nagging cough for a couple of weeks prior. Quit smoking in February so I thought it was my body clearing it out. Got diagnosed with pneumonia today and they gave me a steroid shot because the music festival starts today.
Not fun and could be serious. Behave and get better soon.

VN Store

Back