Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Ever since my GF signed up to be a Girl Scout leader (basically for her daughter), she has been in this camping kick. Anyway, she planned a camping trip this weekend at Gatlinburg KOA, that I am currently at. Just want to vent a little that I ****ing hate camping. Whoever came up with this **** to do as a hobby should be kicked in the dick repeatedly.

Reactions: 1 person
We used to go camping at the same spot in Colorado every Memorial Day weekend when I was stationed there. The kind of place that includes "turn off paved road and keep going for an hour" in the directions.

We'd leave Thursday evening or early Friday morning and come back on Monday. Just three full days of fishing, drinking beer, shooting the empty beer cans and telling stories by the fire at night.

Oh, and no running water, cell service or other campers around since we weren't in an "official" camping ground.

We used to go camping at the same spot in Colorado every Memorial Day weekend when I was stationed there. The kind of place that includes "turn off paved road and keep going for an hour" in the directions.

We'd leave Thursday evening or early Friday morning and come back on Monday. Just three full days of fishing, drinking beer, shooting the empty beer cans and telling stories by the fire at night.

Oh, and no running water, cell service or other campers around since we weren't in an "official" camping ground.
Those non campgrounds are the best trips.

Yeah, this KOA feels more like a trailer park

Those non campgrounds are the best trips.

It had been forged out ahead of us so to speak. Enough there were ruts in the road leading into the main camping area.

Great fishing up at Lost Lake and Dollar Lake. Smaller mountain trout out of those snow cap fed lakes that, when fried up in bacon grease, were exceptional. Except don't get too close to the beavers since those little ferocious bastards will take that fish away.

And by beaver, I do mean the actual semiaquatic rodent Castor canadensis that builds dams and has a funny tail.

Ever since my GF signed up to be a Girl Scout leader (basically for her daughter), she has been in this camping kick. Anyway, she planned a camping trip this weekend at Gatlinburg KOA, that I am currently at. Just want to vent a little that I ****ing hate camping. Whoever came up with this **** to do as a hobby should be kicked in the dick repeatedly.

Man card suspended until further notice.

It had been forged out ahead of us so to speak. Enough there were ruts in the road leading into the main camping area.

Great fishing up at Lost Lake and Dollar Lake. Smaller mountain trout out of those snow cap fed lakes that, when fried up in bacon grease, were exceptional. Except don't get too close to the beavers since those little ferocious bastards will take that fish away.

And by beaver, I do mean the actual semiaquatic rodent Castor canadensis that builds dams and has a funny tail.

Buddy of mine was fishing with a spring lizard. We were near a beaver dam, and Mr beaver took a liking to the lizard. He grabbed it, and took most of the line with him.

The system is ****ed up and irrelevant if it's you who is handing out man cards :)

Look, city boy, we don't care if you toss out your pinkie finger while sipping your glass of chardonnay. But danged if you can call yourself a true southerner or a man by claiming to not like camping.

My guess is, you've never experienced true camping.

Beer, fishing, fire, guns, chilly enough at night to have to share a sleeping bag with that one gal that's afraid of snakes. That's camping at its best.

VN Store

Back