Official Florida Series Thread

So how much longer does Todd have? 2-6 start, VERY likely to be 2-7....South Carolina next week....so you figure probably 3-9 start to conference play....that hole is way too big to climb out of....can't wait for a new coach here

So how much longer does Todd have? 2-6 start, VERY likely to be 2-7....South Carolina next week....so you figure probably 3-9 start to conference play....that hole is way too big to climb out of....can't wait for a new coach here

i wouldn't count on beating south carolina either.

I've thought all along that if by mid-SEC schedule the Vols were doing horribly and it was prettt apparent they wouldn't make the SECT that they needed to either fire him and have a temp the rest of the season or announce he would let go at the end of the season.

One of those two things needs to happen if this keeps up, which I'm pretty sure it will.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Come on mods! That was the same friendly banter we've exchanged a thousand times.

Come on mods! That was the same friendly banter we've exchanged a thousand times.

This exact conversation has been repeated for the last two years....no one understands why Hamilton hired TR in the first place...no one understands why he still has a job....no one understands why MH still has a job...blah blah blah

Not with this squad

I'll disagree with you.
Today the Gators embarassed the Vols. The irony of blowouts is it makes a team so angry that they will want to payback the other team.
Saturday they failed to take advantage of their opportunties to lead. Sunday they will playing to prevent being sweeped, and will do what they could not do on Saturday.

I'll disagree with you.
Today the Gators embarassed the Vols. The irony of blowouts is it makes a team so angry that they will want to payback the other team.
Saturday they failed to take advantage of their opportunties to lead. Sunday they will playing to prevent being sweeped, and will do what they could not do on Saturday.

they have played 2 games. 18 innings.

only 1 inning has tennessee had multiple players reach base.

only 3 innings have runners reached scoring position and it was 3 baserunners total. 3 baserunners in scoring position in 18 innings.

what opportunities are you talking about?

i hope tennessee goes on to have a fine season. but from what i have seen, grab a thick bible and pray real hard for the rest of the season. when they go play south carolina and vandy, the team may need to receive a special blessing from billy graham.

they have played 2 games. 18 innings.

only 1 inning has tennessee had multiple players reach base.

only 3 innings have runners reached scoring position and it was 3 baserunners total. 3 baserunners in scoring position in 18 innings.

what opportunities are you talking about?

i hope tennessee goes on to have a fine season. but from what i have seen, grab a thick bible and pray real hard for the rest of the season. when they go play south carolina and vandy, the team may need to receive a special blessing from billy graham.

The Hit by Norfork that was denied for a base hit for the first one, and Liles hit to deny the Vols the third run.
Did Johnson not give up any runs until the Norfork two run homer. Back to back to back hits, and a walk.
Gators contained Norfork for one game. I would not be surprised if game 3 he makes a statement I'm not done.

The Hit by Norfork that was denied for a base hit for the first one, and Liles hit to deny the Vols the third run.
Did Johnson not give up any runs until the Norfork two run homer. Back to back to back hits, and a walk.
Gators contained Norfork for one game. I would not be surprised if game 3 he makes a statement I'm not done.

florida pitchers have faced 61 tennessee batters in two games.

54 is the minimum (27 outs for each game).

2 people scored. only 5 men have been left on base in two games.

words can not describe how truly horrible this is.

Last edited:
Single by Duffy, and a double by Thurber. Come on Vols finish what you started.

Cool, a garbage run in the 9th.

So for this sports year, the Vols are 0-7 against Florida in football, basketball, and baseball.

So...we're still a crappy baseball team and our 15-2 record early on was propped up by the fact that we were playing the likes of New Orleans and Manhattan?

Color me shocked.

VN Store

Back