Official: Danny White hired as AD

I like the hire. With that being said...it stands to reason that the interview included a discussion about "who do you think would be the right coach to get UT Football back on track to win SEC Championships, and compete for national championships?" It also stands to reason that a number of names were discussed, including pros and cons. Wouldn't I have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one.

They must have liked what they heard. Now, let's see if he can deliver the goods.

Go Vols.

Step one: check. Or A. Or 100%. However you want to grade it. Seriously don’t think UT could have done better. Coming from that area what he does well is generate good publicity and hires good coaches. Can’t ask for much more than that.

I don't know but we haven't lost a bunch of players yet! Let's get a coach in here and see if he can retain some of them. I'm not saying we're undefeated this season but lets keep a little optimism here!
You know me, Vollyanna, but I am tired of my heart getting broken. I'm hoping the ones in the portal aren't there cause Mama D. told them to get their ass outta her house.

Oh and uh he’s really good buddies with Scott Frost. I realize Frost has a job but something to keep in mind.

Outside of Rick Barnes, best athletic department (AD/Coach) since....??? can't even put a person out there. Fulmer, Summit and Majors were legacies, so, I guess you could count them, but this is dynamic.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I like the hire. With that being said...it stands to reason that the interview included a discussion about "who do you think would be the right coach to get UT Football back on track to win SEC Championships, and compete for national championships?" It also stands to reason that a number of names were discussed, including pros and cons. Wouldn't I have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one.

They must have liked what they heard. Now, let's see if he can deliver the goods.

Go Vols.
That goes two ways. I am sure he asked them how much would we offer, are they willing to allow certain coaches to be offered (Kiffin Freeze). Interviews are a two way street. I am more excited he got the answers he wanted to hear before taking this on.

call me cornbread, but 62 year old Jeff Fischer would be much better than 56 year old Lance Leipold. Their head coaching winning percentage is basically the same. One's record was in the NFL, with the other's in the mid-american conference...
Lol, we aren’t hiring Jeff.

Now that I'm overly excited, I also need to brag on the UT brass. It's obvious from at least last week that they knew Fulmer and Pruitt were gone. I say this because the Chancellor bungled that question about the search firm's initial hiring being before the news broke Monday.

So this makes me wonder: do we already have the HC in our sights? I mean it hasn't even been a full week and already we've hired the AD. So, was the search firm for the AD or the HC? Or is this some sort of package deal? I'm not wanting to get overly excited for Kiffin, but they know each other. So could this be a package deal with more to break over the weekend/early next week? Or do we believe this is just an incredible job by the powers that be and now White will take over the HC search? Either way, for the first time since Barnes, I'm actually overjoyed by a TN hire!

Kiffin or bust. We hire him and are relevant immediately.

Kiffin was 5-5 this year, would have been 5-6 if the aTm game weren’t canceled. He was two games better than Pruitt. Was it the flashy nature in which he always seems to lose between 4-6 games that has everyone enamored with him? Has anyone ever been more forgiven for being average-to-below-average than Kiffin? You always think he’s having a solid season, then you look up and he’s got 5 losses. And it’s this way everywhere he goes, save a couple big seasons at FAU (also had a 4-7 season at FAU).

He won 5 games this year with a couple of the best QB’s in the league on his roster and an All-everything WR.

5-7 to 7-5 is your ceiling with him, with the occasional outlier 9-3. He’ll have fun and flashy offenses, he’ll be a great soundbite, and a charismatic dude, but the program will not become a consistent winner that you’re all hoping for, and you’ll be right back to where you are now after 5 seasons of 7-5, 6-6.

VN Store

Back