Official Bracket Watch Thread

With Kentucky being the #1 seed in the SEC tournament, what has to happen for us not to end up being an 8/9 seed other than us winning and TAM losing to Arkansas. Wondering if any other tiebreakers could help keep us out of 8/9 seed.

Can someone tell me why the heck Alabama is still considered a bubble team at 16-14 coming off a loss against alabama??

With Kentucky being the #1 seed in the SEC tournament, what has to happen for us not to end up being an 8/9 seed other than us winning and TAM losing to Arkansas. Wondering if any other tiebreakers could help keep us out of 8/9 seed.
A&M has to lose 1 of their last 2, we gotta beat Auburn I think

What do we need to do to be the 5 or 6 seed in the SEC tourney? Is 5 even possible? Could end up with any number of ties for it with a win.

What do we need to do to be the 5 or 6 seed in the SEC tourney? Is 5 even possible? Could end up with any number of ties for it with a win.

5 isn’t possible now for a number of reasons. Was technically possible before tonight’s games. Actually pretty sure we are 7 if we win at Auburn and 8 if we lose at this point.

Yep, they apparently have the tie breaker over us. Best case to avoid the 8/9 is we beat AU and Arkansas beats A&M.

A&M can be the 6th seed if they end up tied with State and Tennessee as they have the head-to-head win against both of them.

Yep, they apparently have the tie breaker over us. Best case to avoid the 8/9 is we beat AU and Arkansas beats A&M.
That Ark/A&M game is now lose-lose. A&M wins and we get the 8 seed. Or Arkansas wins and remains on the bubble. I guess I’d rather Arkansas win and we beat them in the SECT?

Last edited:
Devil's advocate, the results last night worked in our favor. Assuming Tennessee beats Auburn Saturday...

If Texas A&M wins, that will drop Tennessee to an 8 seed and lock Bama in as the 9 seed. Kentucky would then be the Friday opponent if Tennessee beats Bama.

If Arkansas wins things get more complicated. Tennessee is locked in as the 7 seed. Arkansas would be the 10 seed if Alabama loses at Mizzou, otherwise it would be Alabama. Florida gets the 2 seed if they beat UK OR LSU loses to UGA. Otherwise LSU gets the 2 seed.

The first scenario hurts Arkansas' resume, gives Tennessee a decent shot at a Quad 1 opportunity Thursday, and a chance of getting the SEC's biggest scalp Friday. The second scenario is nearly guaranteed to give Tennessee Quad 1 opportunities in their first two games plus there's a decent chance they get the opportunity to take out Arkansas head to head in a bubble battle.

The big takeaway is Tennessee is going to get a chance to make some noise in the first two rounds of the SECT. That wasn't a certainty prior to the results yesterday. Something else to keep in mind, I think everyone is conditioned to think facing Kentucky early in the SEC tournament is a bad thing. This is the one year where that probably isn't the case, especially when you consider they provide a top 10 quality win while being only the 30th best team per Kenpom.

Last edited:
If we win like we already have to win Ark can’t jump us anyway.
We will be well ahead of them imo

Their 8-10 isn’t getting in over 10-8 without a massive SEC difference
On the surface I agree, but it’s been odd to me that they’ve been ahead of Tennessee even before last nights win...their computer numbers are much more favorable.

On the surface I agree, but it’s been odd to me that they’ve been ahead of Tennessee even before last nights win...their computer numbers are much more favorable.

It was all on those numbers and they won’t have that advantage if we win these upcoming games even if they win theirs

VN Store

Back