Official 2015 Summer Baseball Thread

Reid comes on in the 8th, down 6-3...gives up a triple, but takes care of business...

Dcam, 0-3 so far, runner at 3b, no outs...behind 0-1, 1-1...on...e4, run scores, marlins trail 6-4

Reid on top 9...K! 1 away...

Ground out, 2 away...

Announcer doing his best to jinx Reid...Fly out to LF...Get's 'em in order...Marlins trail 6-5 B9...

Marlins lose first game of the year, Reid was good though....live stats not working, may be tomorrow before I can give those...

Attendance: 1507

Last edited:
Z. Reid stats thus far, all in relief...19 batters faced...pitched in 3 of 4 games this week...

1-0, 1 S, 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1BB, 1 HBP, 8 SO, 0 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR, B/Avg. .105, 0 WP...

Despite Wallace's Near Cylce, Marlins Mistakes Cause First Loss - Morehead City Marlins

The Sharks (1-2) made four errors, the Marlins (3-1) made two of their own and walked nine batters, yet the home squad still had the tying run in scoring position during the 8th inning. Stephen Wallace (Mt. Olive) was the standout slugger going 3-5 on the night, the most hits for any Marlin in a game this season, including a leadoff triple in the 8th inning. Wallace eventually finished a home run shy of completing the cylce. Then Dominick Cammarata (Tennessee) cashed in Wallace with a sharp ground ball that was misplayed, cutting the Sharks lead down to just one, 6-5.

Max Herrmann (0-1) got the start lasting 3.2 innings allowing four runs on three hits. Wood went with the combination of Brice Harrison (North Georgia) and Harper Grier (Lander University) to connect the dots for Zach Reid (Tennessee), who went two innings of scoreless relief striking out two.

-Zach Reid has been fantastic this season. The left hander has now tossed six innings of scoreless relief striking out eight batters.

Cammarata went 1/2 with a HBP and a Walk...his stats are bungled, hopefully they straighten it out at the top of the week, more later.

Langhorne is off to a good start, 2/2 so far, competition not very good, video is worse and the audio is not audible...yet...Gotta love summer ball...

That's it for me tonight...LHorne's Blues are up 17-0, T6

BL: 5 AB, 3 H (all singles, a ground out, and line out), 3 R, 1 RBI...the other team has 6 errors...

Seen enough bad ball, not partaking in the rest of this...GBO!!!

Now LHorne playing 3B...

Stats on the day...walk, ground out, double, single, groundout....another blowout, he may get to bat again...groundout

Last edited:
Langhorne's Final Line...

5 AB, 3 R, 2 H, 1 DBL, 2 RBI, 1 BB

The starting SS from UGA, Nick King (a rising senior) is on the same team, going to be hard for LHorne to get playing time at SS I'm afraid...we'll see.

Nice work keeping up with everything 66. I guess more leagues are about start soon.........

Nice work keeping up with everything 66. I guess more leagues are about start soon.........

Yes Sir! Hampton League starts tomorrow, still have another week to 10 days on Alaska and Cape Cod, but getting cranked up.

The official list should come out in the next couple of days from UT...really i think the only question marks are Serrano and Plunkett at this point.

I would think KS would be at the Cape., interesting nothing has been mentioned as of yet. Hopefully that will happen.

I guess the snow hasn't melted in Alaska yet. :)

I would think KS would be at the Cape., interesting nothing has been mentioned as of yet. Hopefully that will happen.

I guess the snow hasn't melted in Alaska yet. :)

He is not currently on any Cape Roster. That's pretty surprising. Could it be that he's taking the summer off? Could it be the rosters are not complete/updated. Could he be going as a temp? Could be any of those things, guess we'll know soon either way.

One other option is maybe getting a chance to tryout for Team USA to earn a spot, not sure that he's done enough to get that...just thinking of the possibilities.

One other option is maybe getting a chance to tryout for Team USA to earn a spot, not sure that he's done enough to get that...just thinking of the possibilities.

haven't thought of this but it could be very realistic.

haven't thought of this but it could be very realistic.

I dunno...both Maddox and Stew went to the Cape and THEN ended up going to Team USA...we'll see, obviously the coach has a relationship...

Monday Stat Update (June 1)

Brett Langhorne: .385 BA, 13 AB, 6 R, 5 H, 4 1B, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 3 BB, 1 BBi, 2 SO

Jared Pruett: .333 BA, 3 AB, 1 H, 1 HBP

D. Cammarata: .214 BA, 14 AB, 5 R, 3 H, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 6 HBP, 4 SO

Zach Reid: 0.00 ERA, (1-0), 1 S, 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 HBP, 8 SO, 1 3B, .105 B/Avg

Garrett Davila: 13.50 ERA, 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, 1 WP, .333 B/Avg

That may be the last we get to hear from Davila, hopefully not, but probably so.

Quint Robinson and Richard Jackson's West Hampton Aviators start play today. UPDATE: Game today cancelled due to rain.

Competition, not just team versus team but for playing time, gets tougher this week as temps are sent home and players eliminated from regionals start to arrive.

GBO!!!

Last edited:
rookievol called it...Maggio has been removed from the Brewster Whitecaps roster.

VN Store

Back