Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

?

Who would push him around? Only guys bigger than him are DTs and presumably he would be a TE. I think he could cut it in the NFL. He takes more contact than anyone in the NBA.

I know not many people could do it. I would just like to see him go up against Suh, or someone instead of an NBA point guard

From an article.

"Maybe women are a little more fundamentally sound, especially at the collegiate level," said Rahe. "For men, it's turned into a 'get to the rim type of game,' so you don't see kids at a young age working on shooting. They've seen Michael Jordan and all the high flyers and everybody's trying to emulate them and do this fancy stuff.

"When I was growing up, I was watching Jerry West," he added. "Now it's Blake Griffin. I don't think fundamentals get taught like they used to."

Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak agrees, saying "Overall women are more fundamental when it comes to shooting if you watch a college basketball game. You go to a gym now and kids are spending a half an hour on dunks when they might only get two in their life."

Only 3 WNBA players shot .400+ from 3 this year.

Men shoot a bigger ball from further back and 22 players shot .400+ this past season.

It's funner to watch. They rarely run plays in the nba like the wnba, I noticed it watching the playoffs yesterday, they move the ball, pass the ball, and are excellent at penetration. I watched more women's basketball last year than men's actually , they compete harder, at least at the highschool level that is true.

I agree they probably run more plays. I assume men get more fast breaks and it seems likely they are better at creating offense with 1 on 1 skills.

That's different from fundamentals though. Iso offense is part of fundamentally sound basketball, just as long as you do it right (don't leave your feet to make passes, don't take bad shots, etc.).

It's funner to watch. They rarely run plays in the nba like the wnba, I noticed it watching the playoffs yesterday, they move the ball, pass the ball, and are excellent at penetration. I watched more women's basketball last year than men's actually , they compete harder, at least at the highschool level that is true.

Women are excellent at penetration...heh.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, In two years Bennett has worse numbers, or very comparable, than all four of those. Anthony will probably catch on and have a lot of years as an average backup. But two years in he's been garbage.

Kwame Brown was at least a serviceable big man for a while. He had a few decent seasons. The effort just wasn't there.

Dallas' idea of good basketball

tumblr_mdqlx9Uh291rteqhqo1_500.gif

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back