Observation about Alabama

Lofton Jr.

Eric Berry>Verizon>Sprint
folks, i just made a weekend trip to Atlanta from Memphis, which meant driving thru bama for a good 4 hours. well apart from trees and nothing else, i ended up seeing a million Bingo places. i know we make fun of their primitive ways and such, but it was just weird seeing our stereotypes in person. literally nothing there except for a bingo place every corner. hope this fuels a meaningful and foul mouthed discussion about our single digit toothed friends down in AL.

Go Vols!

folks, i just made a weekend trip to Atlanta from Memphis, which meant driving thru bama for a good 4 hours. well apart from trees and nothing else, i ended up seeing a million Bingo places. i know we make fun of their primitive ways and such, but it was just weird seeing our stereotypes in person. literally nothing there except for a bingo place every corner. hope this fuels a meaningful and foul mouthed discussion about our single digit toothed friends down in AL.

Go Vols!

:lolabove:

I just drove home from Destin all the way through Alabama, and I am convinced that I have been in Third World Countries with better roads than the state of Alabama.

I-65 from Montgomery to Birmingham was like a carnival ride.

I just drove home from Destin all the way through Alabama, and I am convinced that I have been in Third World Countries with better roads than the state of Alabama.

drove that stretch of road yesterday and it was not pleasant....but i guarantee Arkansas and Mississippi roads are much worse.

Eff Bama!

It is rather drab-looking down there in Alabama and Mississippi too....sure makes me appreciate living here in east Tn. whenever we have to ride through there every now and then going to Tunica, Miss. and back.

I-59 from Gadsden to the AL-GA state line has to be the worst-paved stretch of interstate in America. The stretch you mentioned is also awful. It's like driving on a gravel road in most of that state.

Go Vols!

incorrect on bingo, i only know about 5 bingo places.

alabama just plain sucks. it is ugly and very unpleasant to the senses. yesterday while leaving a concert in atlanta some a$$hole would let me in front of him ( in my car) which is only courtesy and i said what a douche where is this jerk wad from? and where do you think he was from???

yes it was alabama.

buck fama

alabama just plain sucks. it is ugly and very unpleasant to the senses. yesterday while leaving a concert in atlanta some a$$hole would let me in front of him ( in my car) which is only courtesy and i said what a douche where is this jerk wad from? and where do you think he was from???

yes it was alabama.

buck fama

I would like to pizz on their state :bad:

I got flipped the bird several times on the interstate heading from Huntsville to Birmingham to Tuscaloosa on to Louisiana. My big UT sticker on my back glass was probably the reason for that. :) But as bad as Bama is I hate Florida even more.

Born and raised in Huntville. My mom is originally from Memphis. My mom and stepfather owned cattle ranches in south central Tennesse for a while. I've been all over Alabama and Tennessee. Both states have some beautiful country and some really warmhearted and friendly people. Both states have some very intelligent people and both have some, shall I say, "ignorant" people. I've noticed that quite a few folks on Volnation like to speak about Alabama as though it is nothing but some kind of "hell hole" populated by nothing but toothless, inbred rednecks. Folks who do that are just as incorrect about Alabama as anyone would be who speaks that way about Tennessee. It's fine to be proud of Tennessee and UT, your home state and university, and it stands to reason that you'd like others to respect them. Respect is not a right, it is something that is earned. You might want to consider that the next time you "trash" another state or university.

I drove from knoxville to destin and it was terrible. The roads are crap and also for those that drive those highways. Ever notice that alabama has 1000's of license plates. We used it as a drinking game and most of us were trashed by birmingham.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Born and raised in Huntville. My mom is originally from Memphis. My mom and stepfather owned cattle ranches in south central Tennesse for a while. I've been all over Alabama and Tennessee. Both states have some beautiful country and some really warmhearted and friendly people. Both states have some very intelligent people and both have some, shall I say, "ignorant" people. I've noticed that quite a few folks on Volnation like to speak about Alabama as though it is nothing but some kind of "hell hole" populated by nothing but toothless, inbred rednecks. Folks who do that are just as incorrect about Alabama as anyone would be who speaks that way about Tennessee. It's fine to be proud of Tennessee and UT, your home state and university, and it stands to reason that you'd like others to respect them. Respect is not a right, it is something that is earned. You might want to consider that the next time you "trash" another state or university.

North Alabama has some nice country with striking red clay soil. I thought it was some pretty nice scenery. Not nearly as nice as the Great Smoky mountains, but still. I didn't much care for Birmingham or Tuscaloosa. :p But I've always had respect for legit Bama fans like yourself. I hate the bandwagon trolls that pop up in Tennessee though... But I'm hoping we'll get back to the same respectful hatred of each other as we enjoy a great rivalry being "re-ignited". Alabama's a good deal better than all those yankee states. :)

But never... never... will I show anything but utter hatred and contempt for a filthy Florida fan...

I don't care. Why don't you go ask your representation to actually PAVE the roads.

drove that stretch of road yesterday and it was not pleasant....but i guarantee Arkansas and Mississippi roads are much worse.

Eff Bama!

I guarantee you're wrong about the interstates in Arkansas. There aren't many and all surfaces are inside of 10 years old.

incorrect on bingo, i only know about 5 bingo places.
Then you haven't been around much. In one stretch outside of Birmingham going to Memphis there at least five per mile. I've never seen so many bingo halls. It looked like an Alabama version of the Vegas strip.

I agree for the most part, I have family in Daphne, Al (I believe thats how its spelled) and it's quite nice there. Conversely, while making the trip to Auburn coming through Atlanta, we stopped and got some gas and munchies after crossing the state line and I thought we drove into some third world country. The gas station we stopped at had fried chicken, "chinese" food, and the largest assortment of meth and crack pipes I've ever seen, literally.

Have not been to any of these states south of TN in many many years. I will say that i have to do about 6 hours of the Pa turnpike Thursday. That interstate is SO bad my CD player will not function and they charge me 13.00 for the experience.

I guarantee you're wrong about the interstates in Arkansas. There aren't many and all surfaces are inside of 10 years old.

I can only hope that true because when I drove from TN to AZ 10 years go Arkansas was the worst on any state I crossed (except for the few miles before/after Hope)

I can only hope that true because when I drove from TN to AZ 10 years go Arkansas was the worst on any state I crossed (except for the few miles before/after Hope)

As they were when I moved here, but they're all brand new now.

Florence and Huntsville are Ok in my book. I do have to admit the roads suck. I live in the Atlanta area and drive through the state of Alabama when I visit the parents in Tennessee. I think the roads may be contributing the toothless problem in Alabama as much as the meth labs.

Alabama's so nasty even the river turned around and came back.

VN Store

Back