OBC gambling on 4th down

Supposedly Jones is a winner and a "championship" coach, but his championship team could not even be competitive against a team that lost to Kentucky that year with a WR at QB.

He could not even run Joker off the field with a WR playing QB. Jones and his crew of SEC rejects were no problem though.

I really hope you're not serious.

Yep that is what I thought too, but I went to ESPN to be sure since I damned well knew if I got it wrong you would use that to deflect away from the rest of your crap in this thread so I double checked it on ESPN and saw this.

American Athletic Conference Standings - College Football - ESPN

Didn't even know there was such a thing as American Athletic conf and no idea if that's the same as Big East either.

edit: well you used to be right!

Big East Conference (1979–2013) - Ask.com Encyclopedia

Cinci was in the Big East when Jones coached there, up until last year. Now they are in AAC as there is no more Big East D1 football.

I really do not care though, I only brought up the fact that he lost to Dooley in this thread because others want to claim his win against Spurrier as he out coached him and blah blah blah. If you are going to take one game and use it to prop up Jones, then you need to take in to account the other side with the one game with Dooley.

Hopefully Jones can beat Spurrier again this weekend.

Cinci was in the Big East when Jones coached there, up until last year. Now they are in AAC as there is no more Big East D1 football.

I really do not care though, I only brought up the fact that he lost to Dooley in this thread because others want to claim his win against Spurrier as he out coached him and blah blah blah. If you are going to take one game and use it to prop up Jones, then you need to take in to account the other side with the one game with Dooley.

Hopefully Jones can beat Spurrier again this weekend.

You took one game of idiot Dooley beating Jones as proof Dooley was a better coach!

You took one game of Jones losing to UK as proof Jones wasn't a good UT coach!!

Your last parting jab here of what we are all doing has been the basis for your whole idiot argument thus far!

Edit: lol and that was what he said in this post even. Forget it this is s waste of time and I just need my morning coffee

Last edited:
OBC has never been scared to take chances. If you have seen his defense this year you would understand why.

I wish we would onside kick it every time or play press coverage and send the house at the QB every play at this point. Might as well try and cause a mistake if we're gonna get scored on anyway.

You took one game of idiot Dooley beating Jones as proof Dooley was a better coach!

You took one game of Jones losing to UK as proof Jones wasn't a good UT coach!!

Your last parting jab here of what we are all doing has been the basis for your whole idiot argument thus far!

Edit: lol and that was what he said in this post even. Forget it this is s waste of time and I just need my morning coffee

I do not understand what you are trying to say here, but Jones has not lost to Kentucky, but Dooley did.

I do not understand what you are trying to say here, but Jones has not lost to Kentucky, but Dooley did.

Yep and I know I butchered that post too because I need my morning coffee. Whatever rant on now you have me sounding like an Internet idiot too and it pisses me off I took the bait and climbed into the mud pit

Reactions: 1 person
I do look forward to Butch and Co breaking through to the other side of the wins and losses because while p3po is a DA what he says is largely not false. I think more than would admit are anxious to see it happen so we can all stop defending and hoping and instead get to cheering and celebrating.

I do look forward to Butch and Co breaking through to the other side of the wins and losses because while p3po is a DA what he says is largely not false. I think more than would admit are anxious to see it happen so we can all stop defending and hoping and instead get to cheering and celebrating.

Amen!!!!!!

If the Law of Averages has any validity, we are stockpiling lots of breaks, favorable calls, coin flips, and scheduling luck in the future.

Amen!!!!!!

If the Law of Averages has any validity, we are stockpiling lots of breaks, favorable calls, coin flips, and scheduling luck in the future.

I really do like Butch a lot. I am rooting for him to whip dey ass this weekend.

Hmm....how bout the one versus Carolina last year? Spurrier is a great coach and yet Jones is 1-0 versus him.

If I am playing the p3po game I say North blah blah blah miracle catch blah blah Muschamp blah blah Dooley.

Between the next 2 games including one with a bye week we will know a lot better how good to feel about coaching. Dobbs gave Bajakian and Butch a viable way to win games.

Hmm....how bout the one versus Carolina last year? Spurrier is a great coach and yet Jones is 1-0 versus him.

Jones is 0 and 2 against Muschamp, and 0 and 1 against Dooley.

Hopefully Jones is 2 and 0 against Spurrier after this weekend.

Spurrier will go for it on fourth if he is behind or is over the fifty yard line. I think when you are playing a superior team you must take a few gambles. As teams go we are a very conservative team.

If I am playing the p3po game I say North blah blah blah miracle catch blah blah Muschamp blah blah Dooley.

Between the next 2 games including one with a bye week we will know a lot better how good to feel about coaching. Dobbs gave Bajakian and Butch a viable way to win games.

So, a win over a USCe team with no defense and a 4 and 4 record is going to tell us if Jones can beat good teams on a regular basis in the future?

Beating Kentucky will too?

So, a win over a USCe team with no defense and a 4 and 4 record is going to tell us if Jones can beat good teams on a regular basis in the future?

Beating Kentucky will too?

Winning the games you are supposed to is step one. Doing it convincingly is step 2. This is especially true when your oline still mostly sucks.

If we win the next 2 games you need to put down the hater aid.

I will stop posting Jones' actual records and results from his career, as I suppose the facts are hating, if he beats only 1 of OK, GA, FL, BAMA next year.

I will stop posting Jones' actual records and results from his career, as I suppose the facts are hating, if he beats only 1 of OK, GA, FL, BAMA next year.

Posting them is one thing. Repeatedly lording them over people trying to have faith in a coach is another. I presume you are not such a DA as to comprehend the difference. I am as skeptical at times as anyone but at a certain point after you have made your point then either move on or come up with something new to discuss or lament.

Reactions: 2 people
Posting them is one thing. Repeatedly lording them over people trying to have faith in a coach is another. I presume you are not such a DA as to comprehend the difference. I am as skeptical at times as anyone but at a certain point after you have made your point then either move on or come up with something new to discuss or lament.

Additionally, Jones will absolutely be here next year unless he resigns. Will likely be here in 2016 as well. No facts or mltiple posts will alter that.

No its your argumentative tone in apples and oranges comparsions with straw man argument supporting debates that is "hating".

Bear Bryant was routinely OWNED by Robert Neyland while at Kentucky so much that he supposedly said something like "I didnt thing the old man would ever retire" or something similar and we all know how his coaching career turned out.

Most of us are already anxious and hopeful, we don't need ADDITIONAL baseless negativity piling on we already have enough of that floating around TYVM :bad:

Reactions: 2 people

I can appreciate all the back-pedaling you're doing because your internet anger is subsiding, but you did call us trumpet slurpers, so I'll stick with that.

You should check out ISIS fan pages.

Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to root for the team, regardless of the coach.

VN Store

Back