Obama may play God

obama-the-2nd-coming.jpg

Doubt we'll ever get to the point where we need to do that.

Even if we do, none of us will be around to know about it.

yeah, it's not like the left has fallen for all that global warming hysteria and will do anything to stop it.

I'd venture to say that most liberals don't exactly support altering our atmosphere to stop a .5 degree more temperature increase in about 50 years.

I'd venture to say that most liberals don't exactly support altering our atmosphere to stop a .5 degree more temperature increase in about 50 years.

Al Gore would disagree with you. If he's willing to wreck the US economy by holding us to a standard he doesn't expect the rest of the world to live up to, he'll sign on to this Art Bell-type gibberish in a heartbeat.

Sadly this is not what many of the blind supporters of global warming believe. They have been fooled by the propaganda and hysteria that Al Gore helped perpetuate. What makes it worse is even Al Gore knew much of it was fantasy when he spoke about it.

Al Gore would disagree with you. If he's willing to wreck the US economy by holding us to a standard he doesn't expect the rest of the world to live up to, he'll sign on to this Art Bell-type gibberish in a heartbeat.

Of course Al would. Then again, Al's a pretty egotistical person. Does he really care about the planet, or is he just trying to further his name? I don't know. I think there's a part of him that actually cares for this planet. But, I also think he's in this for personal gain as well, as are most "green" celebrities and politicians.

Sadly this is not what many of the blind supporters of global warming believe. They have been fooled by the propaganda and hysteria that Al Gore helped perpetuate. What makes it worse is even Al Gore knew much of it was fantasy when he spoke about it.

I mean, I believe that there is global warming going on. To say, however, that we've had that profound of an impact on this planet after around 200 years of industrialization, is at the very least, pushing it.

I tried to post this earlier.

Obama planning drastic action.

Looking at cooling air to fight warming

Ever heard the expression 'don't f... with mother nature???

Would anyone consider it an intelligent question to ask what might happen if they are able to start a cooling trend and then not be able to stop it?????

Is the whole idea completely insane when you study natural Earth history and find that the vast majority of the time Earth has been in ice ages???

We're just a few hundred years removed from a small ice age and natural forces that we don't really understand have been contributing to a warming trend on Earth since then and that trend started long before the warming could be attributed to industry.

As a matter of fact Earth may have already reached a peak in temperature and could be poised to enter another long cooling trend on it's own.

I was watching a TV show Sunday afternoon about Norway that featured fjords among other things and just thought to myself, do these global warming nutcases actually ever stop to consider how strong and how long the glaciers worked to make those fjords.

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

Above is a picture that shows a couple of hikers looking into a Norwegian fjord, realize that not only was that chasm filled with ice down to the water level but the water is about 1,600 to 1,700 deep and that was ice also.

I don't have any problem at all with reducing pollution in an intelligent manner but I do have a problem with committing collective suicide either on an economic or physical scale.

Last edited:
see i'd have to make myself jump up and down to push the limit. knowing me i'd slip and fall off and die

I always thought "An Inconvenient Truth" was a hysterically ironic title considering how Gore ignores so many basic principles of scientific investigation in order to try to make his point

don't they realize that releasing things into the atmosphere could harm the earth far more than global warming?

I am not a skeptic by this board's standards, but "Iceball Earth" theory comes to mind when talking about intentionally cooling the Earth. It's one thing to try and lesson one's impact. It's another to begin intentionally pushing climate one way or another.

"Iceball Earth" refers to the thought that if a certain percentage of the globe is covered in ice (and thus has a very high albedo, or reflectance rate), it will cross a threshold and begin having a runaway cooling effect by reflecting more and more insolation as the ice cover grows each year. It's thought that during a few instances in geologic time, the Earth has come pretty close to that all on its own well before Homo sapiens were kicking around.

why in the world would you wanna stand where they are standing. i'd freak out

:question:

Well they probably figure it's going to take obambi and company a while to be able to cool the atmosphere enough for the retreating glacier in the foreground to reverse itself and advance far enough to push the rock out of the notch.

Then two, they might just be the stunt guys that played Newman and Redford in that western.

Redford is a big liberal that embraces global warming and such and the funny thing was that after the two had filmed the western, Paul sent Robbie a present, it was a case of rolls of toilet paper with a picture of Redford printed on each sheet, no word on how many sheets he recommended using each trip to the john.

can you say..."photoshop"

That is actually Lysefjord, a fjord in Norway...and the rock really does sit like that and people do go out on it. I haven't been to that fjord yet, but I have seem some pretty crazy rock formations that you can stand on to look out over the fjords...it will take your breath away (and your stomach!).

That is actually Lysefjord, a fjord in Norway...and the rock really does sit like that and people do go out on it. I haven't been to that fjord yet, but I have seem some pretty crazy rock formations that you can stand on to look out over the fjords...it will take your breath away (and your stomach!).

I bet, hell i get nervous standing on the roof of my house!

They would have to use photshop for there to be a pic of my arse on that rock.

VN Store

Back