obama compares immigrants to pilgrims

You seem to want validation of your own opinions instead of answers.

No, I was only wanting someone to offer an explanation on why you couldn't compare these ME refugees to the Pilgrims. Had nothing to do with needing to validate anything.

Still haven't gotten an answer.

Reactions: 1 person
Imagine how different that story would be if we were talking about ME refugees and "Muricans today.

We'd be eating goat instead of turkey, watching soccer, telling our wives to shut up, discussing how to kill Jews and infidels and wiping our asses with our hands

Reactions: 2 people
No, I was only wanting someone to offer an explanation on why you couldn't compare these ME refugees to the Pilgrims. Had nothing to do with needing to validate anything.

Still haven't gotten an answer.

Will 50% die on their journey here?

Are they risking their lives and the lives of their children simply to come here?

Are they spending their life savings to travel to a completely uncivilized new world?

My question to you is how can you ignore the obvious differences?

Reactions: 1 person
Will 50% die on their journey here?

Are they risking their lives and the lives of their children simply to come here?

Are they spending their life savings to travel to a completely uncivilized new world?

My question to you is how can you ignore the obvious differences?

Risking their lives by not coming here.

Yes, they have spent their life savings trying to get to foreign land.

I'm not sure how you can ignore the obvious similarities.

Reactions: 4 people
Imagine how different that story would be if we were talking about ME refugees and "Muricans today.

There would still be slavery here. Only men could vote. Only men would be able to drive, go to school, work, wear shorts/t-shirts/talk, and we'd probably have around 200+ beheadings, I mean executions a year.

Risking their lives by not coming here.

Yes, they have spent their life savings trying to get to foreign land.

I'm not sure how you can ignore the obvious similarities.

Comparing modern people to people from 400 years ago isn't just stupid, its borderline mentally defectiec.

It's no different than saying if you are a white democrat you are just the same as the KKK. And that comparison actually holds way more water than comparing muslims to people who didn't want to belong to a church a King made up to divorce his wives.

The similarities? Both groups are religious nutjobs.

The pandering to muslims by the left is nutso. Demonize the religions that won't chop your head off at any cost, but grab your ankles for the muslims. Sounds like a competent strategy..

Comparing modern people to people from 400 years ago isn't just stupid, its borderline mentally defectiec.

It's no different than saying if you are a white democrat you are just the same as the KKK. And that comparison actually holds way more water than comparing muslims to people who didn't want to belong to a church a King made up to divorce his wives.

The similarities? Both groups are religious nutjobs.

The pandering to muslims by the left is nutso. Demonize the religions that won't chop your head off at any cost, but grab your ankles for the muslims. Sounds like a competent strategy..

So ignore history because there is no comparison to be made? Are you really this obtuse? Who's pandering to Muslims?

I'm not sure how a group of people running from a government sponsored religion 400 years ago cannot be compared to people running from a government sponsored religion today. It's a comparison. Is it perfect? No, but there are similarities. It seems to me that no matter what Obama says, and I am not a fan, he is going to be skewered by the right.

So ignore history because there is no comparison to be made? Are you really this obtuse? Who's pandering to Muslims?

I'm not sure how a group of people running from a government sponsored religion 400 years ago cannot be compared to people running from a government sponsored religion today. It's a comparison. Is it perfect? No, but there are similarities. It seems to me that no matter what Obama says, and I am not a fan, he is going to be skewered by the right.

Apples are round. So are oranges..

They aren't running from government sponsored religion. Some might be fleeing fighting but they are bringing their barbaric religion with them. And lets not forget the Pilgrims were families moving..most of these refugees..just a bunch of dudes..no families..looking for easy access and free s!@# from guilt laden liberal Europeans.

And Obama gets skewered because most of what he says is just plain dumb. He is the perfect example of why people should think before they speak.

I guess we can compare The Orkin Man to the Nazis. Both use chemicals to get rid of what they view as pests.. :crazy:

Reactions: 5 people
There would still be slavery here. Only men could vote. Only men would be able to drive, go to school, work, wear shorts/t-shirts/talk, and we'd probably have around 200+ beheadings, I mean executions a year.

Sounds like you are describing Saudi Arabia, not Assad's Syria...

They aren't running from government sponsored religion. Some might be fleeing fighting but they are bringing their barbaric religion with them. And lets not forget the Pilgrims were families moving..most of these refugees..just a bunch of dudes..no families..looking for easy access and free s!@# from guilt laden liberal Europeans.

And Obama gets skewered because most of what he says is just plain dumb. He is the perfect example of why people should think before they speak.
It's amazing that the press still gives Obama a pass at this point. Can you imagine the uproar had bush made the comment about the refugees only being widows and 3 year old orphans and congress not being very tough?

I guess we can compare The Orkin Man to the Nazis. Both use chemicals to get rid of what they view as pests.. :crazy:

ISIS is a government sponsored religion. Your hatred of Obama prevents you from honestly analyzing anything that he says.

BTW, the Pilgrims brought a pretty barbaric version of Christianity with them that most Christians today would view with disdain.

ISIS is a government sponsored religion. Your hatred of Obama prevents you from honestly analyzing anything that he says.

BTW, the Pilgrims brought a pretty barbaric version of Christianity with them that most Christians today would view with disdain.

ISIS isn't a religion, it's a political movement.

ISIS isn't a religion, it's a political movement.

ISIS is controlling the government in their territory and they force their particular brand of Islam on the inhabitants. Apparently, there are a large number of inhabitants that don't enjoy that particular brand.

VN Store

Back