Oak Ridge WR Higgins decommits from Tenn

Go over to Clemsons Tiger Net and read all the smack their talking. They are saying they will take Higgins and Rogers when they both commit together on Valentines day. Now I remember why I pulled for Bama and the SEC in the NC game!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Go over to Clemsons Tiger Net and read all the smack their talking. They are saying they will take Higgins and Smith when they both commit together on Valentines day. Now I remember why I pulled for Bama and the SEC in the NC game!

Give up your vol card, go ahead. Hand it over

Reactions: 5 people
Make no mistake about it, the Clemson staff came into Knoxville a couple months back and made in roads that Vandy dreams about, and they obviously have success to sell, we do not as of yet and they use that against us.

It's still early and I certainly don't count us out with any of these kids but results will matter next year in a way that they haven't the last couple of years.

Reactions: 3 people
Give up your vol card, go ahead. Hand it over

I know its bad to pull for Bama. Lol. But I really really hate Clemson! I work with 4 Clemson fans and 3 Bama fans, and even the Bama guys cant stand the Tiger guys. IMO Clemson fans are the worst!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Make no mistake about it, the Clemson staff came into Knoxville a couple months back and made in roads that Vandy dreams about, and they obviously have success to sell, we do not as of yet and they use that against us.

It's still early and I certainly don't count us out with any of these kids but results will matter next year in a way that they haven't the last couple of years.

I agree. Weve finally got the talent to very competitive in the SEC. Im not going to say this season is do or die, but we really need to win the east this season. Were not the most talented team in the SEC overall, but IMO the east is ours to lose. Thoughts?

These kids are just jealous of the'16 class that have been all over the TV. They want to be celebities. They will however find that once finely on campus. They aren't the best athelete on the field. Karma CAN be a beeatch. Enjoy it kids. In college there is a thing called a depth chart.
Finally you are right. I am suffering from Signing day fatigue.

I agree. Weve finally got the talent to very competitive in the SEC. Im not going to say this season is do or die, but we really need to win the east this season. Were not the most talented team in the SEC overall, but IMO the east is ours to lose. Thoughts?

I think there are going to be expectations next year and to be as attractive as a team like Clemson we have to be able to offer a meaningful post season.

In terms of Higgins and Rodgers, we will have to show a better down field passing game that slot receivers and wideouts can see themselves playing in. It may not be a big deal long term, but as it relates to the next class I think it's significant.

I get it, Clemson's been successful the past few years, but I still don't get Knoxville boys going somewhere else. I mean, if you live in Chattanooga, Cookville, or someplace like that, maybe you could be lured away. But I grew up in Knoxville, graduated from UT (been gone over 30 years), and if I had been a great athlete, there is no way I would have gone to another school if UT wanted me. These are two four-star Knoxville area kids thinking of another school because of its recent success. I just don't get it. Maybe they're just playing the recruiting game. I hope so.

I get it, Clemson's been successful the past few years, but I still don't get Knoxville boys going somewhere else. I mean, if you live in Chattanooga, Cookville, or someplace like that, maybe you could be lured away. But I grew up in Knoxville, graduated from UT (been gone over 30 years), and if I had been a great athlete, there is no way I would have gone to another school if UT wanted me. These are two four-star Knoxville area kids thinking of another school because of its recent success. I just don't get it. Maybe they're just playing the recruiting game. I hope so.

Home town pull is big as far as family is concerned but in this case Clemson is not that far away and most of the away games they play aren't much worse than ours. I can't speak to your experience but I would have loved to play for Tennessee as a freshman in 1986 coming off the win over Miami in the Sugar bowl, but the Tennessee these kids grew up with has been a shadow of that for nearly a decade. They don't know the Tennessee we know.

Reactions: 1 person
Because Clemson is better than tennessee at the moment.

I think it has a lot to do with TN's WRs not racking up stats. That's hopefully collateral damage from focusing on the run in 2015. TN needs to get the ball to the WRs in 2016 and start sending a bunch of them to the NFL.

These kids are just jealous of the'16 class that have been all over the TV. They want to be celebities. They will however find that once finely on campus. They aren't the best athelete on the field. Karma CAN be a beeatch. Enjoy it kids. In college there is a thing called a depth chart.

Heard you the first time

Reactions: 2 people
Heard you the first time

Hahaha! I thought my scroll bar jumped back up the page for a second.

He's got this tweet pinned to the top of his twitter.

Tee Higgins® ‏@teehiggins5 · Jan 11
"This my ticket out of Oak Ridge yo"‼️

Apparently he hates Oak Ridge. Maybe Knoxville isn't far enough away.

Oh yea. It looks like 2017 is going to be a hell of a class. We are going backwards. At least we cannot lose anymore, because we have no more...:mad:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back