Now that Ramar and Duke are gone, what does our lineup look like next year?

I think Williams will be starting at the 5 and Chism at the 4, with Smith giving the 3 a swing.

1. Maze/West
2. Hopson
3. Prince
4. Smith
5. Chism

If this is the starting lineup for next year, I will go out on a limb and say that there isn't a team in college basketball that would have a more athletic starting five.I think Maze is the answer to our pg situation and will immediately make us better than last years team. If these guys get it together pretty early in the season,look for another SEC Championship and a deep, deep run in the tourney. This, in my opinion, will be the best chance we have ever had at a national championship. We should be a preseason top 10 with this lineup. I can't wait for Memphis to come to town. That game at Kansas will be huge too. It's absolutely great that we are this excited about basketball this time of year. What a difference a passionate coach can make.

Does anyone else think a starting lineup with Tatum AND Hopson is preferable and possible?

Tyler, Wayne and Hopson are locks. We need a PG and a 3. I have no opinion on the PG now. I'd like the 3 to be Tatum. I'd prefer Prince back up Tatum and Tabb back up Hopson. Childress or Woolridge back up Tyler. Williams back up Chism.

Is anyone wary that we might be putting too much faith in Hopson?

I've seen him play and he is awesome...against highschoolers....

All I'm saying is...the last time we got a McD's AA he turned out to be decent...after about 3 seasons...

Just being a McD's AA doesn't mean you're a sure fire All Star at the next level...there have been as many busts with that honor as there have been studs

Is anyone wary that we might be putting too much faith in Hopson?

I've seen him play and he is awesome...against highschoolers....

All I'm saying is...the last time we got a McD's AA he turned out to be decent...after about 3 seasons...

Just being a McD's AA doesn't mean you're a sure fire All Star at the next level...there have been as many busts with that honor as there have been studs

There are tons of posters on VN who know more about HS players than I do, but this guy didn't just get the honors - he showed his talent at recent HS all-star games.

Too much faith? Who knows. But I think we'll all be pleased with what he brings to the team.

That's a big lineup for us. 3 post players, essentially, and a decent-sized 2.
I like the bigger lineup because it will board and defend better, but that crew remains athletic enough to do most things well. My concern there will be ballhandling. Hopson appears OK as does Tyler, but neither can take much load off of the PG.

I like the bigger lineup because it will board and defend better, but that crew remains athletic enough to do most things well. My concern there will be ballhandling. Hopson appears OK as does Tyler, but neither can take much load off of the PG.

We probably shouldn't press as much with Williams and Chism both on the floor. But I wouldn't mind taking the press off more next season anyway. Push it on O when it's there, but focus on playing lock-down halfcourt D.

I like going bigger too - wish we had Duke for more bodies down low, but I think Chism and Williams will make significant strides next season (fewer dumb fouls, for starters), and I think Tyler will be more aggressive on offense. We'll need more offensive production out of our post players next year, no doubt.

VN Store

Back