Notorious Vol hater John Adams

Savannahbayvol

John Adams Popped Me Yesterday:
spacer.gif
He said the following. 'In the past Tennessee fans have believed coming into March that they could make the Final Four but I think this Tennessee team can win the National Championship. That's the first time I've felt this way since I've been here.'

From Basilio.

I hope those to idiots jumping on the wagon doesn’t jinx us.
Life became more enjoyable the moment I stopped rrading or listening to John Adams.
One of the low points in print journalism stemmed from:

@Stoerner Fumbles

Last edited:
I don't like to discuss winning the tournament before I see our seeding and the final brackets. These factors play as much a part as the quality of the team. The modern tournament has been won by 1 seed 47% of the time and which 1, 2, 3 or 4 seed is in your elite 8 bracket means just as much, not to mention how many red hot low seeded teams. Its a crap shoot.

Yeah me too! But this team appears to have a mental toughness previous Vol teams didn't. Almost every team before would have lost the Auburn game when they got behind by 8. Oh and did I mention we have a once in a generation player we haven't had since Bernard King.

They’re the type to jump on the bandwagon just to kick us even harder if it doesn’t happen.
It’s why I hate hype, like the talk about the “f***l f**r” which I will not hear. I feel many talk them up for the very purpose of saying they didn’t live up to the hype. The very hype they created. We saw it with Manning and I haven’t bought into media narratives and hype since. There are 68 teams in the tournament, and many of them could make a deep run. You just never know. We see it every year.

John Adams Popped Me Yesterday:
spacer.gif
He said the following. 'In the past Tennessee fans have believed coming into March that they could make the Final Four but I think this Tennessee team can win the National Championship. That's the first time I've felt this way since I've been here.'

From Basilio.
The same guy who criticizes Rick Barnes every chance he gets?

really think Awaka is the X factor. We need an answer for big bodied post players and Aidoo isn’t that. We’ve been pushed around in the paint in all of our L’s besides A&M.

Adams is on Basilio's show about every Thursday and for the most part, I've actually enjoyed listening to their discussions. I never liked all that Adams wrote in his columns over the years but I actually have a lot more respect after listening to him on there.

It's hard for a lot of people to take time to actually listen to what someone has to say instead of jumping to the conclusion that they said something I don't like so I need to hate them. Of course, it doesn't help that a lot of columns by Adams picked on our Volunteer family over the years but when he says things like TN is a Championship contender, it shouldn't be taken lightly. He isn't one just to say something to cover the bases.

really think Awaka is the X factor. We need an answer for big bodied post players and Aidoo isn’t that. We’ve been pushed around in the paint in all of our L’s besides A&M.

Absolutely. A deep run in the tourney will come down to how much production we can get from Awaka and Aidoo. Then we need a few other hot hands from game to game. But we need to be consistently good in the post.

The key mindset to winning the tournament is probably treating each game like life or death, ride or die, all out war. Not looking ahead. Not watching the news. Just cold blooded execution and passion. Also- if you are having fun +10!

I hope there's a ton of budding vol fans out there who see Dalton Knecht and think "holy smokes, this is a team I can get behind."

Also, don't*

I wouldn't have cared to point that out except for the "idiot" comment.

VN Store

Back