Nothing but hope at this point...

When we rank in the 100's in yards per carry for rushing offense, yards per attempt in passing offense, and yards per play in total offense, with most of those stats coming from 2 of 3 games against weak opponents, I cannot share the excitement of a "dangerous O" unless it is means to say dangerous to ourselves.

Two of the three defenses we played are ranked in the top 40 in the nation and one is top 20 so I do not think it is fair to say "weak" opponents. While I have not been happy with the inability to consistently run the ball I also factor in the fact that the oline is very young and we have played two defenses that are very good against the run.

At this point sjt is right we have to hope this oline improves and becomes better at run blocking and if they do this offense could be explosive.

When we rank in the 100's in yards per carry for rushing offense, yards per attempt in passing offense, and yards per play in total offense, with most of those stats coming from 2 of 3 games against weak opponents, I cannot share the excitement of a "dangerous O" unless it is means to say dangerous to ourselves.

So most of the yardage coming against a couple of teams that ARE NOT a top 5 team in the country bothers you? OK.... if you say so.:no:

I have grown to hate the fact that college football counts sacks against rush yardage. But the progress I was talking about was Hurd and Lane combining for an avg of over 5 ypc against one of the most talented, experienced, and well coached D's in the country.

As Jones has repeatedly said, UT seems to be one missed assignment from big plays often. Clean that up... you've got a dangerous O to the opponent.

Don't be a moron.

Reactions: 2 people
Here we are four years in and most of these posts are almost identical at this point in time back then. But when the wheels start to fall off, we all come full circle once again.

(I'm assuming you mean Dooley)
This is different. Dooley's previous HC experience was poor, and it shown during his career at UT. I like Dooley, but he is definitely not HC material

Butch Jones has consistently coached his teams well, and generally has good seasons save his first year. I have hope

don't let facts cloud fantasy, now

VN Store

Back