Notable UT betting game odds

I might would take the UGA line in Neyland but not in Athens. In our 7 game losing streak we have lost to them by 28, 14, 24, 23, 29, 26 and 41. The one time we would have covered 17.5 was with our best team in the last 20 years and they threw 1 pass the last 20 minutes of the game.
Ouch!

We were -6.5 @Florida last year. Got up 7 quick, then let them walk us.

Eleven is insane. Mertz is back. Knows what he's doing.

All those lines seem about right. Beating Oklahoma and getting a win at home against Bama would be our way to the playoffs.

As I have said elsewhere on the board, I really think that betting on college football games at this point in the year is a fool's errand. Other than teams at the tippy top i.e. UGA and Ala, (and to some degree even including them) the NIL/tranfer portal component is such a wildcard that you may THINK you have a sense of a given team's potential right now, but there are too many unknowns both positive and negative.

Also, its May. Injuries could abruptly change your chances against a given opponent, again both positive and negative.

And last year you thought we win by 2 or 3 TD's. That was serious too.
DO NOT ASSUME we beat Florida. I don't care if they showed up with 11 players only, they would find a way to make the day hell.

If I posted last year that I thought we'd win by 2-3 TD's at Florida, then I was drunk as a skunk. I don't remember that. Anyway, it's time we put the "Florida Jinx" to bed. We win this year by more than one score.

I think this place would be in full meltdown mode if we only beat NC State by 5 points.

Here would be my betting lines
UT -14.5 NCSU (They won't be able to keep up with our offense. Could be a similar game to the Iowa game)
UT -4.5 Oklahoma (Not high on their freshman QB and don't think their defense is ready for a team like us. Kind of like how Arizona rolled them. They keep it a good game because they are the home team, are eager for SEC football, and the Huepel factor)
UT -6 Florida (It's Florida, and it will be a dogfight either way)
UT -3.5 Alabama - We are home. Bama's defense won't be the same under Deboar and Heupel's offense had success in the past. Will only be
UT +13.5 Georgia - Until we put up a fight against Georgia, we should be heavy underdogs. Heupel has gotten blown out every time. I want to believe, but have to see Nico win these other games first.

I think 3.5 wins would be the Over/Under for me in this stretch. Even though I have us favored in 4 games, I would take the under. Its' very possible Oklahoma or Alabama beat us. I would bet we beat at least one of those teams, but both is a tall order.

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back