Not enough time

Bubba has been drinking moonshine on his front porch and decides it's a good idea to take some target practice.

Scenario 1, Bubba shoots a hole in his neighbor's pink flamingo yard ornament.

Scenario 2, Bubba shoots at the pink flamingo, misses and the bullet instead kills his neighbor.

Should Bubba serve the same sentence in either case?

If this is how Bubba chooses to use his weapon, then perhaps he should lose his license to carry.

Guns aren't toys.

Reactions: 2 people
Bubba has been drinking moonshine on his front porch and decides it's a good idea to take some target practice.

Scenario 1, Bubba shoots a hole in his neighbor's pink flamingo yard ornament.

Scenario 2, Bubba shoots at the pink flamingo, misses and the bullet instead kills his neighbor.

Should Bubba serve the same sentence in either case?

Bubba wasn't using a one ton+ weapon to commit his crime. Situation is not even comparable.

Space coast. Let's say your son is in the military. One evening after work he and a few buddies go off base for dinner. He drinks three tall beers in the time he is there. Not enough to be stupid drunk but enough to put him over ther limit. On the way home a mom in a mini van pulls out in front of him causing him to t bone her and kill and two children in the back. Due to the presence of alcohol it is your sons fault. Should he spend life in jail?

Reactions: 1 person
Space coast. Let's say your son is in the military. One evening after work he and a few buddies go off base for dinner. He drinks three tall beers in the time he is there. Not enough to be stupid drunk but enough to put him over ther limit. On the way home a mom in a mini van pulls out in front of him causing him to t bone her and kill and two children in the back. Due to the presence of alcohol it is your sons fault. Should he spend life in jail?

I don't know what his being in the military has to do with anything. And I don't have the perspective of a parent, but he killed someone because he was selfish and irresponsible. he should go away for a long time. Or, behind door number two is to have his wages garnished to repay the family for 30 years or so in some form. And if he becomes a derelict, he goes to jail. Lifetime probation perhaps? Never allowed to drink again, and tested for such? Fail and go to jail. There are numerous solutions that could be imposed other than a couple of months in prison.

I don't know what his being in the military has to do with anything. And I don't have the perspective of a parent, but he killed someone because he was selfish and irresponsible. he should go away for a long time. Or, behind door number two is to have his wages garnished to repay the family for 30 years or so in some form. And if he becomes a derelict, he goes to jail. Lifetime probation perhaps? Never allowed to drink again, and tested for such? Fail and go to jail. There are numerous solutions that could be imposed other than a couple of months in prison.

But without the alcohol in his system it is her fault, she pulls out in front of him. You only see things through the victim side and your personal vendetta is nonsensical at times

No he didn't kill anyone out of negligence, the mom that pulled out in front of him did.

Reactions: 4 people
My grandfather and cousin were both killed by a drunk driver who was racing while walking home from church when I was younger. I'm not sure of his sentence, but he was out of jail in like 5-6 years. It was bull IMO.

My grandfather and cousin were both killed by a drunk driver who was racing while walking home from church when I was younger. I'm not sure of his sentence, but he was out of jail in like 5-6 years. It was bull IMO.

What if he'd been racing sober?

His own car and a big rock.

In this case and nobody's but the drivers property was damaged,no charges. BUT and this is a BIG BUT, bigger even than Michelle Obama's, the insurance company should be absolved from any liability.

Which is more irresponsible? Driving drunk, or racing on public rodes? How much more irresponsible is racing drunk, than simply racing, etc..

Anytime a person decides to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated is much more irresponsible.

Anytime a person decides to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated is much more irresponsible.

Anytime a person goes to the voting booth and votes their religious beliefs instead of what's good for the community is irresponsible.

Anytime a person goes to the voting booth and votes their religious beliefs instead of what's good for the community is irresponsible.

I'm not following your logic here hog. I would assume that everyone who votes does so based on their beliefs and what is good for the community. Of course, not everyone's beliefs will be the same but who is to say which is better?

I'm not following your logic here hog. I would assume that everyone who votes does so based on their beliefs and what is good for the community. Of course, not everyone's beliefs will be the same but who is to say which is better?

That was nothing more than a shot at BOT and his holier than thou attitude he has sometimes.

Reactions: 3 people
That was nothing more than a shot at BOT and his holier than thou attitude he has sometimes.

Gotcha. I guess the relevant question then, given the topic of this thread, is did you take that shot while intoxicated? :)

Bullets go a lot faster than cars, despite their relatively small size.

Either way wasn't enough justice. Just my opinion because it was personal. I guess every family of situations feel that way.

VN Store

Back