Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Friends. At the risk of being ridiculed for it, and because I don't give a damn if I'm ridiculed for it, I'm just gonna go ahead and make my prediction for next season:

The University of Tennessee Lady Vols will finish the 24-25 season in no worse than third place in the SEC, and with a little help via lingering chemistry issues at LSU, could even finish as high as second.

BYYYYYYY GAWD!

I feel it in my bones. We are about to see something special. Believe it.

Hey, I wasn't trying to insult you. I just kinda deduced you might be under 40 if you didn't instantly think of Van Morrison's enduring classic 1970s hit "Into the Mystic."

It's a great song. 😀
Never heard of this song.

AC/DC is all I've listened to in my life plus the 80's hairbands.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
4th in SEC and I'm sticking to it.
I'm trending towards your line of thought lately. The more I think about it, a starting lineup with Cooper, Latham, Spears and Spearman is quite good in a system like your coach will run. I don't know who the starting PG will be, many here are slotting Cooper at PG, that might happen, she can fill that role. Does Hollingshead start with those four or maybe Puckett? If not those two, then is it Wells? A lot depends on who UT gets in the next few weeks from the portal obviously, but the blueprint here has revealed itself already, players with decent size who are very athletic. I would think the staff wants another athletic player who is a shooter, and one more post player. Much depends on if the staff believes they have their starting PG already or not.

I'm trending towards your line of thought lately. The more I think about it, a starting lineup with Cooper, Latham, Spears and Spearman is quite good in a system like your coach will run. I don't know who the starting PG will be, many here are slotting Cooper at PG, that might happen, she can fill that role. Does Hollingshead start with those four or maybe Puckett? If not those two, then is it Wells? A lot depends on who UT gets in the next few weeks from the portal obviously, but the blueprint here has revealed itself already, players with decent size who are very athletic. I would think the staff wants another athletic player who is a shooter, and one more post player. Much depends on if the staff believes they have their starting PG already or not.
Totally agree with this assessment, especially the bit about whether or not the staff feels like they're all set at point guard. Is it Cooper? If Boyd is a combo guard, how much of her time will she spend at point? How quickly will Wells recover from her ACL injury? All big questions, but all could be set and just fine. We don't really know what they're thinking.

Totally agree with this assessment, especially the bit about whether or not the staff feels like they're all set at point guard. Is it Cooper? If Boyd is a combo guard, how much of her time will she spend at point? How quickly will Wells recover from her ACL injury? All big questions, but all could be set and just fine. We don't really know what they're thinking.
I don't think Wells' recovery will be a problem. I don't think it takes a full year, look at ZZ. The thing w Wells is she's just another unknown based on her play last year. Also, you'll want a good backup for all the subbing. I really don't want it to be Coop or Boyd, I really want to stop playing players out of position. A good preferably youngish pg (tho Wells has another yr after this one) who can shoot 3s would be great.

I'm trending towards your line of thought lately (4th in SEC)
I would be too but the SEC is just going to be so stinking strong this year. We could finish 3 or 4 spots lower in SEC and still be as good a team as last year. Espec if OK gets Beers, it's just going to be hard to dislodge SC, TX, LSU, OK and also Ole Miss, Bama and then Auburn and KY. Yes KY. 6th or 7th would sound bad but actually not be shabby.

I just want to stay out of the territory w Vandy, Georgia, Fla and Missouri. I think our portal gets have insured that won't happen.

I don't think Wells' recovery will be a problem. I don't think it takes a full year, look at ZZ. The thing w Wells is she's just another unknown based on her play last year. Also, you'll want a good backup for all the subbing. I really don't want it to be Coop or Boyd, I really want to stop playing players out of position. A good preferably youngish pg (tho Wells has another yr after this one) who can shoot 3s would be great.

I would be too but the SEC is just going to be so stinking strong this year. We could finish 3 or 4 spots lower in SEC and still be as good a team as last year. Espec if OK gets Beers, it's just going to be hard to dislodge SC, TX, LSU, OK and also Ole Miss, Bama and then Auburn and KY. Yes KY. 6th or 7th would sound bad but actually not be shabby.

I just want to stay out of the territory w Vandy, Georgia, Fla and Missouri. I think our portal gets have insured that won't happen.
Well all tears are different. There are 3 grades per ligament and you have multiple ligaments in your knee. Big difference between walking normally to playing D1 SEC basketball

Tennessee size in the post will be good. The area where they were at a disadvantage in recent years is lacking size in the guard positions outside of Jordan Horston and Rae Burrell. Talaysia Cooper, Kaiya Wynn, and Kaniya Boyd provide a good combination of size. I think the next portal additions will be guards/wings in the 5’11 - 6’1 range. That would put the roster where it needs to be in terms of matching up with athletes in the SEC.
I can also see one more post player being added to the roster with length and athleticism.

I can also see one more post player being added to the roster with length and athleticism.
If they don't, and don't get one in the 25 hs class, Spearman would be the only post on the roster after next season along with 7 or 8 guards. We need to find some roster balance or we're going to be far too one dimensional.

VN Store

Back