No Christmas tree in Brussels.

I get the sentiment, as I grew up with very little, but I think working retail as a teenager on Black Fridays squashed it ;-)
Oh yeah, I get it. For me, I get to live my childhood again on Christmas morning and Im cooking breakfast when the girls come down and they have that look in their eyes. I dont know what Im gonna do when they grow up.

Oh yeah, I get it. For me, I get to live my childhood again on Christmas morning and Im cooking breakfast when the girls come down and they have that look in their eyes. I dont know what Im gonna do when they grow up.

My mom always told me that. She used to love waking up at 4 am to find me in the living room with some massive box of legos strewn across the floor on Christmas morning.

It's not dull, that's for sure.

Your nugatory comments here indicate otherwise.

JP Morgan/Chase Bans Christmas Tree - Atlas Shrugs

The tree remained in the lobby from the Monday before Thanksgiving until Tuesday. Morales said his friend called him Wednesday to tell him the tree had to go. She later showed him an e-mail from JPMorgan Chase saying that the tree had to be removed because some people were offended by it.
------------------------------

Students say the tree went up on Monday, then suddenly taken down on Wednesday. All school officials would tell Channel 13 today was that they received several calls that the tree was “offensive.”
-----------------

Similarly, a major shopping mall in Toronto has, after decades, refused to allow Salvation Army kettles this year. The war on Christianity - and subsequent grabbing of the ankles for Islam - continues.

Oh, look. GS is citing Pamela Geller again.

I bet you're a regular hellraiser to hang out with.

Another nugatory nugget from the stinkster.

AJ9WB.gif

What do you have against Pam Stinky?

I find her to be attractive, well spoken, intelligent and well informed and should be great to hang out with.

Why wouldn't you hang out with her?

Maybe you are suffering from alexithemia, perhaps you should have that checked out.

Thought-Experiment.

Imagine you are a taxpayer and the municipality you pay taxes in has a tradition of doing x. However, x does not provide any basic/fundamental right and it is something with which you disagree. Do you think the municipality ought to refund a portion of your taxes if they continue doing x? If there are enough taxpayers that disagree with x, do you think it would be prudent for the municipality to just forego doing x?

Now, since many do not like to think abstractly, build a few iterations of this problem, and in each one replace x with 'Christmas', 'Ashura', 'Diwali', etc. Are you willing to have your tax dollars fund those celebrations with which you disagree?

Reactions: 1 person
Thought-Experiment.

Imagine you are a taxpayer and the municipality you pay taxes in has a tradition of doing x. However, x does not provide any basic/fundamental right and it is something with which you disagree. Do you think the municipality ought to refund a portion of your taxes if they continue doing x? If there are enough taxpayers that disagree with x, do you think it would be prudent for the municipality to just forego doing x?

Now, since many do not like to think abstractly, build a few iterations of this problem, and in each one replace x with 'Christmas', 'Ashura', 'Diwali', etc. Are you willing to have your tax dollars fund those celebrations with which you disagree?

It's too simple a metaphor for most on this board.

VN Store

Back