No. 1 JUCO TE Wood-Anderson picks Tennessee!

And we don't have a TE/WR coach yet? 🤔 Maybe he knows who it is and it's a big time guy

Fulmer never really used them either. Even Witten was grossly underutilized at UT.
Actually it was Fulmer who told and eventually convinced JW that his future was at TE. Jason played DE and TE in HS, and wanted to play DE in college. He was very resistant to playing TE exclusively at UT. Needless to say Fulmer was right, and Jason has Fulmer to thank for his success.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope he works out.

UT signed the top Juco DE and DT and neither have done jack squat. Also some highly rated Juco DBs. Zilch.

Maybe skill positions will prove better. Kamara, Patterson.

Welcome to Rocky Top! I enjoyed my collegiate experience here, two degrees, and a lot of good times. If you put in the work and avoid trouble, you will really appreciate UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he works out.

UT signed the top Juco DE and DT and neither have done jack squat. Also some highly rated Juco DBs. Zilch.

Not all JUCOs work out not do all Hs signees. I think it the new signees deserve the chance to play a few games in the Fall before they are classified not doing anything.

Nope. Neither was Carvin or Banks or any of the studs that we never heard of that’ll be in this class by February prior to JP being named coach. No fair-minded fan willing to give this coach a chance can be disappointed with what he’s done in less than 2 weeks. Looking forward to see what’s coming down the pike between now and February

I'm pretty sure Carvin was being recruited by CBJ prior to his release.

I hope he works out.

New Sheriff in town. Maybe even those apparent busts will blossom under the new coaching staff.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't wait to watch a pro style offense here again. Seeing a fullback on the field in short yardage situations will make me giddy.

Can't wait to watch a pro style offense here again. Seeing a fullback on the field in short yardage situations will make me giddy.

Thinking back to Greg Amsler... fun to watch a big guy run over folks.

We offered immediate playing time. Vertically no competition

With Saban offering legitimate shots at championships and never ending national spotlight along with putting a ton of players in the pros every year, I would say there was very much competition.

As long as we are dreaming, how great would it be to bring Jason Whitten (VFL and a future HOF) to show them how you really play the TE spot. GLORY!:dance2:
Who wouldn't want to learn from the master?

*Witten

VN Store

Back