'24 NJ DL Maraad Watson (Syracuse)

To be fair to Syracuse, their DC is one of the best DL coaches in the country. If both Garner and Robinson want him, I assume there is something there to work with. I will criticize recruiting as a whole if we mostly take low rated players, but this isn’t the case. Most classes have some players at the bottom who are lower rated.

Just so yall don’t freak out if he does choose Syracuse over us. He has like 4 guys he played with either committed or going to Syracuse already, and he has a really good relationship with some of their coaches. Hopefully the allure of playing at a bigger school in the SEC will pay off, but sometimes it’s about a comfort that recruits feel. Being close to home and playing with his former teammates may appeal to him more.

Just so yall don’t freak out if he does choose Syracuse over us. He has like 4 guys he played with either committed or going to Syracuse already, and he has a really good relationship with some of their coaches. Hopefully the allure of playing at a bigger school in the SEC will pay off, but sometimes it’s about a comfort that recruits feel. Being close to home and playing with his former teammates may appeal to him more.
lived in NE for a while and it is tough to get them anywhere out of that area if they are from there family etc. especially football. Basketball a little different. Football will be a lot of BC, Penn st and ND due to Italian, Irish and Catholic population. If he picks them good for the kid and if a vol good for the kid and volnation.

To be fair to Syracuse, their DC is one of the best DL coaches in the country. If both Garner and Robinson want him, I assume there is something there to work with. I will criticize recruiting as a whole if we mostly take low rated players, but this isn’t the case. Most classes have some players at the bottom who are lower rated.
You’re being too logical

Weird that he didn’t offer him while he was at Georgia.

I mean, I’m just saying - the kid is in syracuses back yard and is the kind of prospect you’d expect Syracuse to sign.

Lol I love when it comes down to the wire with Syracuse, WTF are we doing? Don’t give me the diamond in the rough crap either. We’ve wiffed in certain guys and are in backup mode.
Sounds like you answered your own question. Everyone wishes we could have landed Kam Franklin, Rushing, etc. But we didn’t. Still need recruits. Do you expect the staff to just quit? They are going after the next guy who they feel like they need. What do you want exactly?

Last edited:
Lol I love when it comes down to the wire with Syracuse, WTF are we doing? Don’t give me the diamond in the rough crap either. We’ve wiffed in certain guys and are in backup mode.

We should really take your opinion over one of the best DL coaches in the country?

I mean, I’m just saying - the kid is in syracuses back yard and is the kind of prospect you’d expect Syracuse to sign.

It’s weird that he didn’t offer a Dlineman when he was the Defensive Backs coach? Was he in charge of handing out offers?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Not weird at all. Georgia has a top 3 class and missed on basically no DL prospects. Why offer a high upside kid when you can have a blue-chip kid you rate higher? Doesn't mean he doesn't like him.

I am a film watcher not a star gazer. Not sure why this kid fell through the cracks of services but he did. His film is very good has the tools to plat at SEC Level one day. I know what Coaches also saw on this Kids Film so lets get to know him. Yes TN DL Targets have committed to other schools and had we committed our share we would not be in conversation with him because we would not be looking. Now that doesn't mean kid is not a take again his film says he is all day long at SEC level. So many opinions right now are correct. In CHRIST Alone.

Can you apply any FACTUAL evidence that makes you believe Jenkins will be a contributor next year? You weren’t at practice so I guess RG told you that himself? Maybe you’re basing it off the 1 tackle he had against UConn?
Except he did not say he would be a contributor. He just questioned how you know he wouldn't. I get it. It's your opinion based upon his performance in previous years. You might be right, but I trust our coaches more than you.

~adjusts orange glasses~

HECK YEAH!!! GBO!!!!
So, should they sign players that they don't believe will help the team? I am not saying it's wrong to question them, and there are misses by almost everyone every recruiting cycle. Still, I am riding with CRG and CJH.

VN Store

Back