NIT selection show 9p ESPNU

The NIT 1 seeds almost never line up with the first 4 out of the NCAAT.

Yeah, Quinn & Patrick Brown just confirmed on Twitter than NIT seeding isn't related to how far out you were from making the NCAAT. I didn't know that. I guess they try to do it geographically, though we have a long trip if we win the first game.

I wonder how long has it been since the Civic Coliseum has hosted a basketball game?

That, of course, assumes we beat Mercer.

Pretty entertaining group of teams in the NIT. I know that's of little consolation compared to the NCAA T.

Feel Fortunate. Arkansas won one less game than we did and didnt makethe NIT at all.

Relatively new rule for NIT is that you are automatically in if you win the regular season but lose in conference tourney. That actually makes it tougher for some to get in.

Small, religious, rich kids' private school in Macon, Ga..

Nancy Grace went to their law school; which should be reason enough to bash their brains out in Rd. 1.:thumbsup:

They're not quite the pushover you may think. I've got season tickets for them and know the roster like the back of my hand. They can play with us if the 3s start falling.

They're not quite the pushover you may think. I've got season tickets for them and know the roster like the back of my hand. They can play with us if the 3s start falling.

If the Tenn team that played AL shows up, we could suffer an embarrassing loss.

Seems like a good bracket for Tennessee. Should move through
yes i agree we got the best bracket we actually should be the no 1 seed in our bracket.

bama got the hardest bracket with maryland as the 2 seed they should have been the 1 seed

ky got baylor as the 2 seed

i think virg and mass is the next weakest bracket.

we should win our bracket and do not see bama or ky winning theirs, do not know who will win the next weakest bracket between virg and mass.

i think we play maryland for the championship,

I don't understand why the 2nd NIT game cannot be scheduled around the women's game.

yes i agree we got the best bracket we actually should be the no 1 seed in our bracket.

bama got the hardest bracket with maryland as the 2 seed they should have been the 1 seed

ky got baylor as the 2 seed

i think virg and mass is the next weakest bracket.

we should win our bracket and do not see bama or ky winning theirs, do not know who will win the next weakest bracket between virg and mass.

i think we play maryland for the championship,

one game at a time.... hopefully the players will get fired up and actually play like they F****** care.

According to Wiki, UK is playing at Robert Morris in the first round because of the NCAAT games at Rupp.

I don't understand why the 2nd NIT game cannot be scheduled around the women's game.

Because the NCAA thinks it needs a week buffer to set up the site.

Also, I expect none of you people wanting to decline this bid to ever be in favor of playing in any bowl game other than the national championship game, or the playoff after next year. There is no difference between the Sugar Bowl and the NIT IMO. And don't say tradition, because the NIT has tradition, too.

one game at a time.... hopefully the players will get fired up and actually play like they F****** care.

Don't hold your breath. If they couldn't get up for Bama in SEC tourney, what makes you think they'll give a rats azz about ANY team in the NIT?

Because the NCAA thinks it needs a week buffer to set up the site.

Also, I expect none of you people wanting to decline this bid to ever be in favor of playing in any bowl game other than the national championship game, or the playoff after next year. There is no difference between the Sugar Bowl and the NIT IMO. And don't say tradition, because the NIT has tradition, too.

The Sugar Bowl, being a BCS bowl, is more like an Elite Eight or a Final Four game, not an NIT game.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back