Nikki Haley Firing Watch

Without something similar to the electoral college being used when voting for governor? How can that possibly be? Don't the big 4 counties just make meaningless the votes from the smaller 87? (TN have 91 counties? - state government from 8th grade)

I don't know why it's so hard to understand the difference between states and the Federal government that states agreed to cede some power to.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I would be worried that the Houston/Dallas vote carried far to much weight.
Your non sequitor isn’t going to work. The founding fathers were smart enough to not allow the population centers in LA, Houston, and NYC to dictate for the entire country what policy will be. Thus the electoral college where every STATE has a minimum of three votes. Population is represented via the House representative count. However equal small state voice also is heard by the Senator count. Thus every STATE is guaranteed three minimum electoral votes.

Luther, if a state wants to set up an EC system they can as long as it's within the constitution, GA didn't.

Luther, if a state wants to set up an EC system they can as long as it's within the constitution, GA didn't.
He’s trying badly to twist it into SCOTUS won’t allow it at the state level so why is it allowed at the federal level.

That's precious.

Do you know what is required for it to be considered constitutional?
No one person's vote can count more than another's. What a concept.

That's precious.

Do you know what is required for it to be considered constitutional?
No one person's vote can count more than another's. What a concept.

Yet you want libtards in sardine can cities to do just that.

Tell me exactly what the logic of your argument is. Exactly.
That the same rationale used to support the electoral college system as a brilliant part of the constitution, for some odd reason does not apply at the state level.
Why?

That the same rationale used to support the electoral college system as a brilliant part of the constitution, for some odd reason does not apply at the state level.
Why?
That's not an argument. It's an observation and a question.

Exactly what logical argument are you trying to make?

That's not an argument. It's an observation and a question.

Exactly what logical argument are you trying to make?

Hillary won the popular vote so now it needs to change. Of course how many in red states didn’t bother voting because it was a lock?

Hillary won the popular vote so now it needs to change. Of course how many in red states didn’t bother voting because it was a lock?
I suspect that Luther is merely parroting the talking point that only became popular from the left after the 2016 election. I'd like him to clearly explain the specific logic of his argument, and support it.

As far as I can tell, he's either stating that the Federal Gov't needs to change the constitution because states don't operate in the same way--which is an irrational leap of logic. Or he is saying that the federal Electoral College is unconstitutional, even though the constitution mandates the electoral college in Article II of the Constitution, which is clearly an absurd conclusion.

Thus... I need Luther to make a specific logical argument. Or we can just ignore him if he can't do so.

If you hate the EC so much get off your azz and start a movement to change the constitution.

I'm just going to bookmark that as a placeholder, just in case Luther is making the absurd argument that the EC is unconstitutional.

Do they already do that at the state and local levels?
which state spans from the pacific to the Atlantic and borders both mexico and Canada? The EC works as a way to average that out without purely being a NATIONWIDE average. you don't have that range of cultures/beliefs in any state, so it wouldn't make as much sense to do it at a state level.

Reactions: McDad
which state spans from the pacific to the Atlantic and borders both mexico and Canada? The EC works as a way to average that out without purely being a NATIONWIDE average. you don't have that range of cultures/beliefs in any state, so it wouldn't make as much sense to do it at a state level.

Without the EC I doubt the constitution would have been ratified, so it’s part of the fabric of this country.

VN Store

Back