Nico's Weight

Shrimp&Grits&Vols

Dude is a stud and looked great vs Iowa in the bowl game. Running around he looked like a gazelle, which is fast but I think we all agree the added weight will help him survive the gauntlet. Wikipedia puts him at 6ft 6 and 195, what would we like to see him at come Sept? What do we think he will be at kickoff?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Smaller-built QBs will do just fine holding up as prototypical sized QB's will do and I don't think the sprinting is going to be as wild as you are envisioning.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Dude is a stud and looked great vs Iowa in the bowl game. Running around he looked like a gazelle, which is fast but I think we all agree the added weight will help him survive the gauntlet. Wikipedia puts him at 6ft 6 and 195, what would we like to see him at come Sept? What do we think he will be at kickoff?
He's bigger than 195.

Folks seem to think he has more meat on him this Spring but I think he's about the same as last year. What's gone is big Joe Milton making Nico look tiny.

He's got maybe 5-10lbs on Moore, Shuler, and Merklinger, but he's also got 3-4 inches on those guys.

Nico looked small next to Joe but he looks "a little bigger this year" because Joe isn't throwing in the same videos.

He's at basketball weight right now, but he is still really, really young.

He will gain weight as he gets older and matures. Needs to be around 225 by the time he gets in the league.

1710882335207.png

Reactions: Vol-e-ball
I don’t think that roster weight is exaggerated either. Or if so not by much. Looks like he’s put on 10-15 pounds. I’m guessing he plays at around 205-210 this year. It’s going to be tough to continue adding weight at this point.

I hope they limit his running. When the pocket breaks down yes but unless it’s a big game, no running! JMO

I hope they limit his running. When the pocket breaks down yes but unless it’s a big game, no running! JMO
I hope they don't start limiting him. Let him follow his instincts and play. When you start making QBs think about what the coaches want them to do vs making the right play, that's how they get screwed up.

I hope they don't start limiting him. Let him follow his instincts and play. When you start making QBs think about what the coaches want them to do vs making the right play, that's how they get screwed up.

“When the picket breaks down, yes”

“When the picket breaks down, yes”
Depends on the situation. If it's 3rd and 3 and there's no one in front of him for 8 yards because everyone is in coverage he shouldn't be worried about "have things broken down enough I don't want to upset the coaches" and just go get the 1st.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Depends on the situation. If it's 3rd and 3 and there's no one in front of him for 8 yards because everyone is in coverage he shouldn't be worried about "have things broken down enough I don't want to upset the coaches" and just go get the 1st.

That’s not what the guy was saying. Just that we should limit designed runs

I'd like to see him grow about four more inches and be around 285 when the season starts.
With some danabol sandwiches and a limb lengthening surgery performed by a not so reputable eastern European/southwestern Asian "doctor", its totally doable by fall.

Nico is at least 210 right now. Probably plays between 212-215 this year. The following year he probably plays round 218-220. He is getting stronger, he will be fine. You don’t put limits on great players. Play smart yes, but no limits. GBO!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Nico is at least 210 right now. Probably plays between 212-215 this year. The following year he probably plays round 218-220. He is getting stronger, he will be fine. You don’t put limits on great players. Play smart yes, but no limits. GBO!
I think he’s possibly more elusive than Hooker was. Certainly has the wheels. You turn that guy loose to just go make plays. He’s born for that.

VN Store

Back