Nico getting contacted by other P5 Schools?

aRmo

Per Basilio, ND and USC both are contacting Nico. Take this with a grain of salt, i know TB is always on the "Sky is Falling" routine. I did not hear this myself because i do not listen to him. This was passed on to me by a friend who does. Someone can confirm. But my thoughts on this is, if he wants to go let him go. You gave him a hefty deal to come here. He wasnt ready, If he thinks he is and is unhappy let him leave.

TB is one of those guys that says crap just to get a rise out of a fan base and get attention.
Cowherd is another in that same boat.

They say outlandish s#!t about Tennessee because they know we are one of the largest, most passionate, and reactionary fan bases in the nation.
That stuff will drive trafic across their media platforms - I mean how many of us have probably went to his blog / podcast / show page, etc. to find "factual" information?

Per Basilio, ND and USC both are contacting Nico. Take this with a grain of salt, i know TB is always on the "Sky is Falling" routine. I did not hear this myself because i do not listen to him. This was passed on to me by a friend who does. Someone can confirm. But my thoughts on this is, if he wants to go let him go. You gave him a hefty deal to come here. He wasnt ready, If he thinks he is and is unhappy let him leave.
What did everyone think what was gonna happen when he isn’t getting a chance over a QB that has a 61 QBR? There are teams that are willing to give him a chance if Heupel won’t.

And again, how do you know he’s not ready? He has got to throw 5 passes all season long. He should have played more than what he has and yet Heupel won’t put him in because he doesn’t want a QB controversy if he plays better. Remember Heupel also thought Hooker wasn’t ready and started Milton over Hooker also.

Last edited:
What did everything think what was gonna happen when he isn’t getting a chance over a QB that has a 61 QBR? There are teams that are willing to give him a chance if Heupel won’t.

And again, how do you know he’s not ready? He has got to throw 5 passes all season long. He should have played more than what he has and yet Heupel won’t put him in because he doesn’t want a QB controversy if he plays better. Remember Heupel also thought Hooker wasn’t ready and started Milton over Hooker also.
What would he get by transferring out and MAYBE starting somewhere else next year at the earliest?He already(I'm assuming)has next year's starting job wrapped up here at Tennessee.

Reactions: HairyVols95
What did everything think what was gonna happen when he isn’t getting a chance over a QB that has a 61 QBR? There are teams that are willing to give him a chance if Heupel won’t.

You have absolutely no clue as to anything you just posted.

1. If there's any truth to this (and there may not be), it is more likely he's being contacted by other NIL cooperatives, rather than schools. Big difference there. One is a violation of NCAA rules, the other is not (afaik).

2. Just because they're calling, that doesn't mean he's interested. Folks call me all the time trying to sell me stuff. I'm never interested. Nico can be in the same boat.

3. Doesn't make any sense for him to even consider alternatives, because (a) the only guy ahead of him on the roster is on his final year of eligibility, (b) Nico is the presumptive heir, and (c) he's at a school with a really savvy head coach who absolutely knows how to develop QBs. Also, Nico supposedly has one of the most lucrative NIL deals in all of college sports; little chance anyone is outbidding that by enough to make it worth the pain of a move.

Bottom line: this might have some element of truth to it. But even if it does, it's a big nothing burger. Feel free to push it aside and get on with the more important things in life and football.

Go Vols!

With all due respect Nico and his parents had a plan along with Heupel about how much Nico played this season. It has nothing to do with a Qb controversy. More so they want to protect Nico and give him the very best chance to succeed by waiting his turn, learning the offense and letting his body mature. To me that is smart. It is a good plan. When he steps back on the field he will be better prepared to play and play well without destroying his confidence

Too bad CJH wont listen to High football IQ guys on here like you.

SMH

Last edited:

Ya think?!?!?

1. If there's any truth to this (and there may not be), it is more likely he's being contacted by other NIL cooperatives, rather than schools. Big difference there. One is a violation of NCAA rules, the other is not (afaik).

2. Just because they're calling, that doesn't mean he's interested. Folks call me all the time trying to sell me stuff. I'm never interested. Nico can be in the same boat.

3. Doesn't make any sense for him to even consider alternatives, because (a) the only guy ahead of him on the roster is on his final year of eligibility, (b) Nico is the presumptive heir, and (c) he's at a school with a really savvy head coach who absolutely knows how to develop QBs. Also, Nico supposedly has one of the most lucrative NIL deals in all of college sports; little chance anyone is outbidding that by enough to make it worth the pain of a move.

Bottom line: this might have some element of truth to it. But even if it does, it's a big nothing burger. Feel free to push it aside and get on with the more important things in life and football.

Go Vols!

THIS "more likely he's being contacted by other NIL cooperatives," makes sense to me.

And why would we care? He knows he is the man next season. Transferring would only put him behind in learning a new offense. The only time we should worry is if HE is reaching out to other schools.
Then again perhaps Nico sees the offensive talent he will be playing with plus the schedule that awaits next season?

For those people that claim "Other teams start true freshman at QB with success"...name one.
Name me an NFL caliber, hell even an SEC caliber, QB that has started as a true Freshman in the last 30 years.

Manziel...nope - redshirt and had a year to learn Sumlin's offense.
Jared Goff...yep, started as a true freshman as an early enrollee - Cal went 1-11 and jared had 18 TD to 10 INTs with a sub 60% completion rate.
Matthew Stafford...yep, started as a true freshman as an early enrollee - UGA went 9-4 that year behind a stout running game. Stafford finished with 7 TDs and 13 INTs
Pat Mahomes...yep, started due to injury as QB2 - Tx Tech finished 4-8, good enough for 8th place in the Big 12

Granted all of those guys went on to have success at the college and NFL level, but I wouldn't call any of their freshman seasons a success.
Any others?

I’m not saying the report is valid or invalid, but saying tampering is against NCAA rules and using that as justification that this isn’t happening is comical (search Harbaugh’s sign stealing, TN McDonalds bags, and the list goes on. Or just explain how athletes have been signing with other schools as soon as the portal opens)

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back