Nick Saban Saying Strange Things - Retirement Rumors

Height smack. Solid effort, Corky.

Let's recap the past 20 yrs:

1995-2006: Vols own Alabama (10-2)
2007-2008: Bama turns the tide (2-0)
2009: Mt Cody saves the game (2 blocked kicks) and the Tide's BCS hopes.

Dec 2009: Bama wins first SEC championship since 1999
Jan 2010:

1) Bama wins first National Championship since 1992
2) Kiffin leaves Tennessee for USC - the dumpster fire is lit
3) Dooley hired - fueling the fire

Sept 2010: bamawriter joins VN to talk football with the Big Orange faithful

So you like to talk smack to a rival fanbase that has slim to zero chance of winning on the field.

Will you be here to face the music when the shoe is on the other foot?

:popcorn::zeitung_lesen::question::bs:

Isn't it fun to brag about what other, more competitive teams are capable of? Sure, the rival fan you're attempting to trash talk could respond with the performance of his team vs yours. But surely talking about what OSU, Auburn, have done is just as effective. Meanwhile, the last UT coach who didn't lay down for Alabama just coached Bama's offense to an SEC title.

Not sure what any of this incomprehensible word salad is supposed to mean, nor what Auburn has to do with anything. Maybe lay off the sauce before your nightly Tennessee message board visit? It's a Monday.

PS - Don't pretend like you wanted Lane until Nick hired him.

Let's recap the past 20 yrs:

1995-2006: Vols own Alabama (10-2)
2007-2008: Bama turns the tide (2-0)
2009: Mt Cody saves the game (2 blocked kicks) and the Tide's BCS hopes.

Dec 2009: Bama wins first SEC championship since 1999
Jan 2010:

1) Bama wins first National Championship since 1992
2) Kiffin leaves Tennessee for USC - the dumpster fire is lit
3) Dooley hired - fueling the fire

Sept 2010: bamawriter joins VN to talk football with the Big Orange faithful

So you like to talk smack to a rival fanbase that has slim to zero chance of winning on the field.

Will you be here to face the music when the shoe is on the other foot?

:popcorn::zeitung_lesen::question::bs:

I definitely knew how bad Dooley was gonna be. That's why I showed up when I did.

And, yes, I will be here assuming the rapture doesn't come first.

I didn't want Kiffin until I saw Blake Sims turn into a competent QB. I've never pretended that I liked the hire at the time. You can find numerous instances of me dismissing the possibility of Saban hiring Kiffin when it was being rumored. Turns out I was wrong. I'm glad I was.

As a matter of fact, this is neither what I said nor what I meant. However, I'll let your creative license slide, as it's obvious I've managed to hit a sore spot with regards to the aforementioned postseason failure. I surely wouldn't want to be responsible for any reduced appetite, sleep loss, anxiety, or hot flashes on your part.

Somehow I don't think that's it.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure what any of this incomprehensible word salad is supposed to mean, nor what Auburn has to do with anything. Maybe lay off the sauce before your nightly Tennessee message board visit? It's a Monday.

It's pretty simple to figure out what he's saying: we're living vicariously through other teams because we haven't been able to beat them on the field.

If you haven't noticed, for some reason we're bragging that they "just" won the SEC Championship and lost to OSU (who went on to win the NC) in the playoffs.

did anyone actually think bama was going to keep winning NCs every other year? that is an unsustainable goal no matter how you slice it, so not sure their current "slump" is a real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol123 View Post
Losing all your big games as of late will do that to a guy.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that Bama has gotten to the point where folks don't consider the SEC Championship Game to be a "big game".

Well, that's just a fine and dandy-type attitude. I would like to see you say that on behalf of Alabama, in the company of Coach Bryant.

Let's see which among A&M, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU wants the big game this year more than you.

Well, that's just a fine and dandy-type attitude. I would like to see you say that on behalf of Alabama, in the company of Coach Bryant.

Let's see which among A&M, Arkansas, Auburn and LSU wants the big game this year more than you.

You had almost two months to read my post and process it, and you still missed the point by miles.

Yes, then I missed it. To catch me up, what was your point again?

I'll try not to use too many big words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol123 View Post
Losing all your big games as of late will do that to a guy.

According to allvol123, Bama has lost "all [their] big games as of late."

Bama's last two games were the Sugar Bowl vs OSU and the SECCG. Hard to get more "as of late" than the last two games.

If Bama has lost "all [their] big games as of late", then the SECCG must not have been a big game, according to allvol123.

You see, I didn't say that the SECCG wasn't a big game, another poster did.

VN Store

Back